• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cesare Attolini Appreciation Thread

Aquafortis

Reaction score
I just checked the lookbook. The model I'll get used to, but I don't really like the layout they're using. I prefer the real life settings. Although what they've done is preferable to the old pictures they used with Pescod pasted onto picturesque backgrounds - sometimes way out of scale.
Hmmm, I don't recall every seeing a photo setting with Pescod in any of their shoot material (either online or in print) that looked cut/pasted or out of scale? I think you may be referring to some of the shots being close-up subject frames in sharp focus, with the background skillfully soft-focused.

Their new format seems to be an obvious cost cutting measure and IMHO, brings down the overall impression of the presentation to a much lower standard with less distinctiveness.

zr3rs

Reaction score
I assume that the current format is a result of the Covid situation in Italy early this year.

Aquafortis

Reaction score
I assume that the current format is a result of the Covid situation in Italy early this year.
Yes, of course that explains it. Not sure what I was thinking - maybe that they would shoot F/W well before spring season.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.