1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cerruti comments

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Cerruti 1881 has been discussed at length on this board. I just bought a suit, my first from Cerruti, and thought I'd share my comments for what it's worth. The fabric was fabulous, as is to be expected from such a well-regarded cloth maker. The tailoring, however, was surprisingly poor. It is a plaid suit and the lines don't match up, for example, where the sleeves meet the body of the suit at the shoulder.
    As well the lapels don't lay flat like they do in finer suits. I have several Canali suits and think they are far superior to the Cerruti in terms of tailoring.
    Another thing is the Cerruti has a center vent, which seems unusual in an Italian suit. I am going to have closed up to make a ventless back.

All that being said, though, it was probably worth $490 or so I paid for it, and will keep it because it is a beautiful olive color.

2. sweeney

sweeney Member

Stu:  How is the cut, as compared to other makers?  Slim, full, boxy,tapered, etc.?

3. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

I would say tapered. I'm not very knowledgeable on the terms, but the shoulders are padded and the waist is narrow. I love the cut, as it gives me a better body than I have.