Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cerruti 1881

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DPDNYC, Dec 1, 2004.

1. DPDNYC

DPDNYC Active Member

Was in the need of a new navy suit so I picked this up on bluefly for about $460 after various discounts. Cerruti suit Though not indicated in the Bluefly description, it's from the "shapes" line, with which I am not familiar. Any comments w/r/t the quality vis a vis what I paid? Thanks.

2. ottobotte

ottobotte New Member

Hey,

I'm no expert, but I did spend a considerable amount of time trying suits. Here are my impressions:
    - decent construction. It has a partial canvas so it's somewhere between a Boss and a Canali.
    - the Shapes line seems to have great fabric, at least 120s if not 150s. The fabric has a slight sheen to it, which is nice since mine is a charcoal-slate grey suit and would be very dull otherwise.
    - the fit is a little fuller than I would like (I like the fit of an Armani), although not as conservative as a Canali. I plan on having the waist taken in a little.
    - shoulders are not as natural as I would like; there is a decent amount of padding.
    - I paid $415 for mine in New York. The store was having a moving sale and was clearing out their inventory. They also had Ferres for $250 (crappy fabric and average construction), Canali and Armani for $600.

Overall, I was very happy with what I got for the money.