• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cerruti 1881 Wool Pants - Worth the investment?

Ahheck01

Reaction score
As I continue to build up the staples to a quality wardrobe, one of the things I've been hunting down is a medium-grey wool trouser. This particular Cerruti 1881 flat front is right up my alley - seems to be high quality fabric from what I've seen in past 1881 threads on this forum, but of the other deals on ebay for mid-grey wool flat front quality trousers, I have nothing to gauge their value relative to other options online.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEWT100-AUTH-CER...S_CSA_MC_Pants

at $80-$90, are these a good investment? I picked up a $200 pair of Harold Powell trousers for $35 shipped, and figured $14 shipped wasn't a huge risk for a pair of 100% Wool Greg Peters slacks, but the former are patterned, and the latter are potentially hit-or-miss on quality (I mean seriously, $14 shipped?).

Thank you for sharing your wisdom!

-Evan

CMD.EXE

Reaction score
I don't know what to make of these pants exactly, but what I can tell you is that cerruti did license it's name to a number of operations, from mills make cerruti fabric to license holders who made apparel. I am not sure when and if they have taken specific operations in-house.

Their womens clothing is considered among the best, however. The problem again in the licensing, as the diffusion lines were licensed.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pants are not an investment. They are pants and will be worth 75% less once you wear them.

Ahheck01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Pants are not an investment. They are pants and will be worth 75% less once you wear them.

Semantics. I'm not looking to turn a long term profit, so perhaps I just worded things poorly. I'm just trying to figure out if $90 shipped is a great deal on these pants, or if people would recommend I keep looking for a better deal.

-Evan

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At that price point, you are probably better off picking up a pair of Incotex, Mabitex, of the Made In Italy Polos off of B&S or maybe FleaBay...

Ahheck01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spark
At that price point, you are probably better off picking up a pair of Incotex, Mabitex, of the Made In Italy Polos off of B&S or maybe FleaBay...
Perfect, that's what I was wondering. Thank you very much!

-Evan

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.