Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cerruti 1881 at Burlington Coat?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bartames, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Bartames

Bartames Member

Hi all -

I was hoping you could help me out with a suit I found...I will preface this by saying I'm a newbie so if this seems like a dumb question, it very well my be.

I was at Burlington Coat Factory with my wife and decided to peruse the suits. I came upon a suit that appeared to made by (and this could be the wrong spelling) "Georgio Andreani", but when I looked at the labels inside, it had a "Cerruti 1881" label followed by labels that said "100% Merino Wool" and "Made in Italy". Am I to assume that this is just Cerruti fabric? The "compare to" price was $900 but they had it for $159....nice charcoal gray with blue pinstripe.

Anyone ever heard of "Andreani"....I think I may have the wrong spelling because I couldn't find it anywhere on google.

Thanks.

2. BjornH

BjornH Senior member

Could be anything, but the Cerruti tag most likely refers to the fabric supplier. Cerruti makes a lot of fabrics. A lot of bad suits, as well as some good stuff, gets made out of their fabric. Don't read too much into it.

B