1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

CEO: How should a CEO of a major corporation dress?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Soph, May 10, 2006.

1. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a suitable picture of the CEO of Dow Jones online. But he's a pretty good dresser, esp. considering the industry (he's not a journalist himself, however).

[​IMG]

2. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Senior member

where are the cufflinks ?

3. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Nissan, you mean?

Edit: Both, I see, now.

4. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

where are the cufflinks ?

He often wears them, actually, although not in that pic.

5. SirSuturesALot

SirSuturesALot Senior member

[​IMG]
    Soph, I know this is from a while ago, but do you still remember this CEO's name?

6. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

How about like Steve Balmer?

[​IMG]

Cool 2-tone rugby shirt!

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

a CEO needs to own at least one pair of

EG MTO - (e.g. a nice antique dark oak 82 last captoe for board meeting)

SANTONI FAM - (e.g. a double soled, norvogese-welted taupe monkstrap for an avant garde , very individualistic look when at the convention or meeting the museum curator)

VASS U LAST - (e.g. a sleek jet black 3-eyelet Londoner derby for a black-tie event at night)

that's all you need. then you fill up the other workhorse requirements with AE or something.

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Don't tell Slim. [​IMG]
    You can't keep the secret from me forever, eventually I read almost every thread... [​IMG] A CEO should wear whatever will best allow him to do his job, manage, make good decisions, and keep the stockholders happy. Anything else is just frosting.

9. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

I meant to start this thread a while back after attending a conference with major media CEO's. They are a horribly dressed bunch. It seems that with their presence and position they would spend money on clothing that fits them well and improves their appearance. Guess not.

They generally do spend a lot of money on clothes and shoes. They just have bad taste, so they pick the wrong clothes, wrong colors, and wear them in the wrong combinations.

Our CEO is rich, his family was already wealthy, he wears very expensive looking, horrible looking clothing.

10. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

I actually think Donald Rumsfeld has that CEO aire to him.

He was busy, on the go, had a standing desk, wore tab collars, sometimes dark pinstriped suits, had glasses, made lots of hand gestures, made some CEO-ish quotations, etc.

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

12. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior member

[​IMG] He is leaning in for this photograph, not the best lines in his suit as compared to standing straight. Galen Weston. Always well put together, always very polite, soft spoken generally a nice person to deal with in my limited dealings with him and his wife. Owner, CEO etc in some way or another in: George Weston Ltd one of North America's largest bakers Holt Renfrew Loblaw's, Canada's largest supermarket Selfridges Brown Thomas

13. 1969

1969 Senior member

My CEO (Fortune 500) wears shorts and a polo and sandals. I whole heartedly love him for it.

14. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Men gets dressed to impress others. Most CEO do not need to. Their title, perceived wealth status precede them. Average Joe needs a good looking suit, ideally with a "kiton" or a "Brioni" label to validate self worth and project an image.

15. Nicesuit

Nicesuit Senior member

My God, how did that Balmer moron ever get to the position he's in??? If I saw my CEO acting like a tool I'd be looking for the exit.

16. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

My God, how did that Balmer moron ever get to the position he's in??? If I saw my CEO acting like a tool I'd be looking for the exit.

Ahh,

he's only the CEO of Microsoft. Some tiny-ass company not even worth mentioning, with no annual growth and not worth crap. Yes, what a fricken "tool"

17. The Nino

The Nino Active Member

If I were the CEO of a fortune 500, I'd dress as inconspicuously as possible.