Century 21

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rsp1, Sep 7, 2004.

1. rsp1

rsp1 Senior member

I stopped by C21 today for the first time in a while. They had an interesting variety of top names:

-Brioni: dress shirts (neck sizes 16 and up; these are hidden away in the upstairs mezzanine and not displayed in the main shirt area downstairs)
    -Isaia: shirts and suits (I believe these are the real Isaia Napoli line, and not the lower priced ones)
    -Borrelli: sweaters, long sleeve cashmere polo shirts, blazers, a few suits, dress shirts (some of these even have the "Made for Neiman Marcus by Borrelli" tag on them)
    -Zegna: as always, tons of shirts and ties
    -Usual selection of Gucci, Versace, DG, J Lindberg, Armani casual/trendy wear

Edit: Was tempted to pickoff some of the brioni, borrelli pieces for ebay resale; however, while I thought prices were fair (BWT Brioni @ $149, Isaia $2,500-3,000 for $999), they weren't low enough to make a good profit.

2. marc237

marc237 Senior member

Also, I believe they are doing a no sales tax special.

3. rsp1

rsp1 Senior member

I believe that yesterday was the last day of the sales tax holiday (and even during the previous week, it only applies to items less than $100 or $110).

4. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

Sorry Fellahs...Its OVAH. Â Not that under 110 is meaningful for the most part. Â Its not aimed at luxury buyers. Â It IS aimed at back to school clothing... Anyone for Attolini uniforms? http://www.nyc.gov/html/dof/html/salestax.html The City and State of New York are providing shoppers with a week of sales tax-free shopping from August 31st through September 6th, 2004. Purchases of clothing and footwear (and items used to make and repair them) costing less than $110 are exempt from New York's 8.625% sales tax during this period

5. marc237

marc237 Senior member

Actually, Century 21 applied the no sales tax to all items - not just capped at $110.00. (A hidden discount.)