• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Central/Eastern European vacation

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter

and then you have the problem of 3 people means that if everyone disagrees you get into trying to convince somebody to go your way and then you have a majoirty.

Aside from overall logistics, this is my biggest concern. I know the cousin well enough, but he's a guy I see once a year tops - I don't have a good feel for what he'd want to get out of the trip or if we'd have similar interests.

In addition to the above, I don't want to get into a situation where either:

A. Someone else joins the trip, and all of a sudden he has a friend that wants to go, etc.

B. Someone else joins, likes the idea but they've always wanted to go to such and such a city, wants to change itinerary, etc.

I'm going to want to be constantly on the move, seeing as much as possible, and I don't want to be screwing around arguing about what to do next/waiting for people to finish showering/deciding where to eat dinner or what have you.

Maybe I should make this a solo trip.
laugh.gif

Simon Templar

Reaction score
Plivice Lakes National Park in Croatia may also be worth a visit. Check it out.

I've been told to avoid Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, not because of the sights but because of possible issues with corrupt/unfriendly officials and higher chance of crime.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simon Templar
I've been told to avoid Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, not because of the sights but because of possible issues with corrupt/unfriendly officials and higher chance of crime.

I like each of those places

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the time I posted it, i was mostly joking about going solo. Since then I've actually given it consideration and am beginning to see some appeal to the idea. Any thoughts?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
At the time I posted it, i was mostly joking about going solo. Since then I've actually given it consideration and am beginning to see some appeal to the idea. Any thoughts?

I went solo. It was great.

per0

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
I can understand your trepidition about going to the Dalmation Coast too as I imagine it's difficult to drive to Dubrovnik from northern Croatia since it's pretty well separated - everywhere I went was either by boat or helicoptor, so I didn't have to worry about crossing from Croatia into Bosnia and Herzegovina and back into Dalmatia to get to Dubrovnik.

I'm from Croatia. It's not at all difficult to get from Zagreb to Dubrovnik by car. There's a new highway almost all the way. Zagreb-Split for instance now takes only 3 hours by car..

If you are going to Croatian coast and have a few weeks a good idea would be first to go see Istria (both coast and continental region) and then work your way down to Dubrovnik (through Rijeka, Zadar, Split).

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg

I'd do it. if you are single, in a lot of these places there is a pretty good chance you can get your pole greased, too.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by per0
I'm from Croatia. It's not at all difficult to get from Zagreb to Dubrovnik by car. There's a new highway almost all the way. Zagreb-Split for instance now takes only 3 hours by car..

If you are going to Croatian coast and have a few weeks a good idea would be first to go see Istria (both coast and continental region) and then work your way down to Dubrovnik (through Rijeka, Zadar, Split).

went to zagreb last year, it was amazing. even better was renting a car in zagreb and driving through slavonski brod into bosnia and going to sarejevo. DO NOT miss sarejevo, amazing city and people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads