Cellphones in your pants pocket

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Get Smart, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

Put it on vibrate and call yourself [​IMG]

This is my exact strategy for boring business meetings. [​IMG]

2. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

I don`t like the weight and bulge it creates, so I don`t put my cell in any pockets. I just carry it around in my hand or leave it in the car (or better yet at home [​IMG] )

3. briancl

briancl Senior member

Back pocket for me. I can't stand having anything in my front pocket. The worst is when people put their bulging wallet in their front pocket.

4. contactme_11

contactme_11 Senior member

I've often wondered about the health effects from carrying a cell phone close to any area of your body, or even excessive use near your head. Truthfully it scares the heck out of me. I've watched several people close to me die of cancers from unknown causes and I never want to deal with that.

5. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I worry about the health effects of carrying my genitalia in the front of my jeans.

A: anything at or near crotch level (approximately 17.63% of the objects in the world) are a risk of accidental impact with my johnson and/or balls.

B: The excessive size and weight of my package causes lower back trauma, and causes me balance issues. I am considering johnson reduction surgery to relieve this issue, but I'm leery of going under the knife.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Most manufacturers of PDA phones (Treo, Blackberry, etc.) recommend the phone not be carried in a pant pocket because of the excess heat and little to no ventilation.

7. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I carry my Blackberry in the lower inside pocket of my suit jackets. I also just bought a pair of grey wool Cucinelli pants that have an extra zippered pocket on the seam, below the regular front right pocket. (placing the cell along the side of my thigh) It is kinda cool and with the zipper very secure.

8. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Yeah, there is quite a bit of radiation. I keep mine in my pocket while I am walking around but put it on the desk or table when I'm not. The things can go through a few floors of a building and still get reception, that is some strong ass shit.

If you walk around a city you'll learn to recognize the cellular antennas at the tops of the higher buildings. People that live around those are getting blasted with RF. If you stand in different parts of the room, I'm sure you'd save on heating since you would always be a tad bit warm. Off a personal computer I was blasting my wifi signal up to 5W iirc, which is above the FCC regulations for what is safe.

9. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

I really dont like using cellphones, so either I leave it at home when I know i will be in classes all day or I throw it it in my back pack. When I go out I make plans and dont bother to take the phone half the tie with me. I use it as a land line...

10. k0la

k0la New Member

usually it would be in my front pocket but lately i'm using a hoster for it.

11. Homme

Homme Senior member

I carry it in my pants pocket / jeans front pocket, I like the cell phone fades i get.

12. ted

ted Senior member

I worry about the health effects of carrying my genitalia in the front of my jeans.

A: anything at or near crotch level (approximately 17.63% of the objects in the world) are a risk of accidental impact with my johnson and/or balls.

B: The excessive size and weight of my package causes lower back trauma, and causes me balance issues. I am considering johnson reduction surgery to relieve this issue, but I'm leery of going under the knife.

I'd say go for it. The results are very beneficial, at least in my case. If you reduce to at least 10" as I did, you'll see the back pain basically disappear.

13. thinman

thinman Senior member

Put it on vibrate and call yourself [​IMG]

Is your cell phone on "vibrate" or are you just really happy to see me?

14. DNW

DNW Senior member

<---------- slowly taking phone out of pocket and placing it on table.... [​IMG]

The only nice thing about my Razr is its slim profile. I hardly notice that it's there when I carry it in my front left trouser pocket.

15. ted

ted Senior member

Is your cell phone on "vibrate" or are you just really happy to see me?

do do do do
    you you you you
    know know know how
    how how how
    to to to
    ta-ta-turn
    it off ?