• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cell Phone Etiquette (Big Deal or Not?)

mgoose

Reaction score
I could write a long diatribe on this, but I will try to keep it to a few simple points:

-Ringtones should be off in resteraunts, everyone has vibrate mode, use it

-In a one-on-one dinner situation you should not be checking your phone unless it is vitally important.

-If you do need to take a call rather then sit at the table and force everyone around to hear you, politely excuse yourself and find a quite area to complete your call.

-Large group situations are somewhat different, as many people tend to be arranging with others to come meet here, or meet at the next place, so texting is no big deal, I would still prefer if people avoided extended conversation on the phone in this context however.

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
Why is this such a big deal...
If you have to ask......

and I'm saying this as a guy who's worked behind the counter.
And that explains a lot as well.

Multi-tasking has to be to be the single stupidest ******* concept ever devised. It's why you are all walking around with ADD.

Liam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by singhstyle
Well, I was sitting at a restaurant yesterday... Applebees (nothing too fancy) and I noticed a male of about twenty or twenty one years of age texting away on his cell phone while he was with family. I thought it was rude, but then again, I thought "why not? I will post this on SF and see what everyone else has to say about cell phone etiquette." So, what is the view you guys have on its use... when it should never be used and when it is ok to text. Post whatever you want in response to this but stay on topic please. Cheers.

I don't have mine turned on when out to eat or lots of other various places. Anything that anyone has to say to me can be said another time. I'm out to have a nice time not be on my phone or answer text messages.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads