• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CEGO- what's the deal? NO COMMUNICATION, 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoonie

Reaction score
Edit: I have gotten in touch with Carl, and the issue has been resolved (or should be, as soon as I get back to New York).

Hey, does anyone know what's going on with CEGO? I haven't received any reply from carl in 3 months, despite contact by email, style forum message, phone message, and phone messages through his assistant.

The shirt I had ordered for my friends wedding (almost a month ago already, ordered almost 2 months in advance) is apparently "done", and even that his assistant told me only yesterday (after having to call myself for the 3rd time in as many days). Meanwhile, it seems that carl

a) does not see my emails
b) does not the receive my messages on his answering machine
c) does not get messages from his assistant
d) has decided I'm not worth the trouble of communicating with

After all the good things I've heard about carl, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but at this point, I feel that I ought to warn others on the board about my experience. I read elsewhere on the board that he's recently changed offices, but that does not excuse his complete unresponsiveness, as well his failure to uphold his promise to provide me with a shirt for an occasion he was informed of well in advance.

Carl, please contact me. I've given you my name, number, and email many times. Since you have not responded to my personal messages (despite styleforum's indications that you've logged on many times since i've sent them), I hope that you will see this post and contact me. I had no desire to publicize any of this, but I have long run of out patience.

To be fair, I must state that Carl was very friendly when I went for the initial fitting, allowed me to order a single shirt (since I am a student, and it was for a wedding), and also helped me measure myself for a thick as thieves suit which I have yet to order. However, after a few emails to make sure the TaT measurements were correct (2 days after the initial fitting), I have received ZERO, i repeat ZERO communication. I sincerely hope the situation changes.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your shirt is done, go pick it up. Seems simple to me.

For the record, I have only had great communication experiences with Carl. Usually an email reply within a couple of hours (if not minutes). I say this only because I fear your post ("warning others on the board") may give the wrong impression to readers. Not only have I had only great experiences at CEGO, the three or four folks I have introduced to Carl have all had great experiences as well. Something seems fishy about your post.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmprisons
Something seems fishy about your post.

If he has a legitimate gripe against Carl, I fail to see what is 'fishy' about it.

yoonie

Reaction score
My shirt is done, but it wasn't completed by the time of my friend's wedding, which the shirt was ordered for (which Carl assured me it would be). In addition, I have been calling/emailing/messaging for almost 3 months without reply. I think both of these are valid complaints.

As to your statement, "just pick it up", I'm not in New York anymore. Unfortunately, I have things going on in my life which prevent from being able to take an extra month or two to just hang out and wait for a reply as to whether my shirt is complete.

I explicitly stated that it seems as if my experience is out of the ordinary. However, I think a reply to my messages (using four different methods, no less) is not too much to ask. I am loathe to publicize this issue, but I'm simply frustrated by the futility of my attempts to contact him.

I also took the time to state that when I was in contact with Carl, he was friendly and he treated me very well, since I think it would be rather unfair of me to ignore the things he did well.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
If he has a legitimate gripe against Carl, I fail to see what is 'fishy' about it.

Particularly since Carl is a forum member and can post a reply if he wishes to. If a vendor I bought something from fell off the face of the earth and I knew I could get his attention on an internet forum, I'd do just that.

JordanB

Reaction score
I still can't figure out what you want from Carl. You seem to want 2 things: a) your shirt; and b) your Thick as Thieves measurements.

In terms of a), as others have said, just pick it up. If you are out of town, as you suggest, I don't see why one of his assistants can't just mail it to you.

In terms of b), your post seems out of line. It seems you're trying to impugn his integrity over measurements he did as a favor and for which he receives no direct benefit.

yoonie

Reaction score
I've gotten in touch with Carl, and the issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. Since I've yet to see a shirt, and cannot forget the lack of communication, I can't recommend his services, but I am impressed with the way he handled the situation. Just to restate (and emphasize), he may have messed up in the first place, but he has been VERY good about finding a solution to the problem.

Assuming the shirts are up to the quality I've heard about, and there are no future communication issues, I think I would recommend him in the future.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, Jantzen guerilla marketer!
devil.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JordanB
I still can't figure out what you want from Carl. You seem to want 2 things: a) your shirt; and b) your Thick as Thieves measurements.

In terms of a), as others have said, just pick it up. If you are out of town, as you suggest, I don't see why one of his assistants can't just e-mail it to you.

In terms of b), your post seems out of line. It seems you're trying to impugn his integrity over measurements he did as a favor and for which he receives no direct benefit.

The defensiveness over Carl is getting silly. The OP already stated that Carl isn't responding to his correspondence. And where the heck does the OP impugn Carl's integrity? He seems to have a legitimate gripe that he could not resolve directly and is asking for Carl to respond publicly. It seems to me that if a vendor wants to reap the advantages of participating in an internet forum, he should be ready to publicly deal with complaints and problems he doesn't resolve privately.

yoonie

Reaction score
Thanks moofan and Eustace (just curious- do you have a nickname? What's short for Eustace?). I don't understand why it doesn't seem to matter to anyone that the shirt was LATE, even if it is complete (which it actually isn't I just found out, his assistant misspoke). I didn't even want to continue to talk about the problem (since it's being resolved, and I believe business should be conducted in private), but I'm too shocked at the fact the people seem to think that there never was a problem to let it lie. Aside from that, I'm annoyed that people have no problem impugning my integrity without any knowledge of the issue, while claiming I'm attacking Carl when I've put in a great deal of effort to present a balanced view Again, in big shiny letters this time I DON'T WANT TO KEEP TALKING ABOUT THIS, BUT DO NOT INSULT MY INTEGRITY OR PRETEND NOTHING HAPPENED nmprisons, jordanb, bluemagic - I take you wouldn't mind if you ordered your shirt 2 years ago, as long as its complete now? You wouldn't mind if you had a date, and she showed up 3 days later, as long as she showed up? If you rented a tux and limo for your prom, and it came in time for your wedding ("just pick it up")? Would it be ok if you tried to service your car, but couldn't get a hold of your mechanic? If you called your broker and he never called you back? I don't mean to imply that Carl did anything so egregious (and is resolving the problems we did have), but if you consider nonresponsiveness and lateness perfectly acceptable, I hope that I never do business with any of you. In case you didn't understand, I wanted: a) the completion of my shirt at the agreed upon time b) the ability to communicate with the person I am doing business with The TaT measurements I mentioned to show that Carl was kind enough to go out of his way to do me a favor. I have the measurements now. Again, to be clear, Carl HAS contacted me and resolved the issue in a very professional manner. As of now, I AM MORE THAN SATISFIED WITH THE WAY HE HAS RESOLVED THE ISSUE. I AM NOT HATING ON CARL. In fact I've gone out of my way to make sure that I presented a fair picture of the ways he went out of his way to help me, as well stating that he has RESOLVED THE ISSUE. I think it speaks to his integrity that he admitted he made a mistake and is doing what is necessary to correct it. That does not change the fact that a mistake was made. And since some people on this board seem to have trouble with reading comprehension, I AM NOT HATING ON CARL. I THINK HE HAS DONE A GOOD JOB OF RESOLVING THE ISSUE. I NOT SAY CARL BAD. I WILL NO LONGER POST ABOUT THIS, AS I DID NOT REALLY WANT TO PUBLICIZE THE ISSUE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stop being such a Carl Hater Yoonie...

Just Kidding.

To recap so we all leave here with no confusion:

Yoonie publicly aired his issue with Carl as a last resort and attempt at resolution (Fair Game)
Carl responded satisfactorily (Fair Game)
Yoonie is Happy.

JordanB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yoonie
Thanks moofan and Eustace (just curious- do you have a nickname? What's short for Eustace?). I don't understand why it doesn't seem to matter to anyone that the shirt was LATE, even if it is complete (which it actually isn't I just found out, his assistant misspoke).

nmprisons, jordanb, bluemagic - I take you wouldn't mind if you ordered your shirt 2 years ago, as long as its complete now? You wouldn't mind if you had a date, and she showed up 3 days later, as long as she showed up? If you rented a tux and limo for your prom, and it came in time for your wedding ("just pick it up")? Would it be ok if you tried to service your car, but couldn't get a hold of your mechanic? If you called your broker and he never called you back?

I don't mean to imply that Carl did anything so egregious, but if you consider nonresponsiveness and lateness perfectly acceptable, I hope that I never do business with any of you.

In case you didn't understand, I wanted:
a) the completion of my shirt at the agreed upon time
b) the ability to communicate with the person I am doing business with

The TaT measurements I mentioned to show that Carl was kind enough to go out of his way to do me a favor. I have the measurements now.

Again, to be clear, Carl HAS contacted me and resolved the issue in a very professional manner. As of now, I AM MORE THAN SATISFIED WITH THE WAY HE HAS RESOLVED THE ISSUE. I AM NOT HATING ON CARL. In fact I've gone out of my way to make sure that I presented a fair picture of the ways he went out of his way to help me, as well stating that he has RESOLVED THE ISSUE. I think it speaks to his integrity that he admitted he made a mistake and is doing what is necessary to correct it. That does not change the fact that a mistake was made. And since people on this board don't seem to understand, I AM NOT HATING ON CARL. I THINK HE HAS DONE A GOOD JOB OF RESOLVING THE ISSUE. I NOT SAY CARL BAD.

It was appropriatte to come here. My point was that your original post seemed a tad zealous.

yoonie

Reaction score
Sorry, I was admittedly a little heated. However, "just pick it up" was not only impossible, but even if it was, would have been a rather unsatisfactory conclusion.

I apologize for my tone, I wrote in anger. I still believe I presented a fair view of the situation, if a little emotionally.

SlamMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JordanB
It was appropriatte to come here. My point was that your original post seemed a tad zealous.

If the situation was as he explained in his original post I think the zeal was fair.

Glad to hear you got some resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads