• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CEGO shirts

newyorker

Reaction score
Hi all, I had some shirts made by Carl at CEGO, and wanted to recommend them as a terrific source for custom shirts, whether you're looking for entry-level shirts or anything below perfection. I am very happy with the quality of the shirts. I think they are much higher quality than one would think given the price (please direct pricing questioins to shirtmaven). I am also pleased with the service and quick turnaround. Carl will give you his frank opinion. He steered me away from some fabrics because they do not match my complexion, and he was quite obsessive about fit. He will give you his advice, but will let you have it your way, which I think is a good way to do it.
cego8ww.jpg
I cannot give an in-depth reviews except that I like the shirts, they fit me well, and they look attractive. Pearl buttons are used and for the red shirt, antique red pearl buttons are used. Stop by Carl's place some time.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
2 questions...

1/ what color is the top one? pink or peach?

2/ could you post a pic of yourself wearing one so we can see how they fit and hopefully lure Carl into some discussion on the project

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I like, although I would only wear the red as a casual shirt. I'd really like to try CEGO out sometime. Have to get to NYC first, though.

newyorker

Reaction score
2 questions...

1/ what color is the top one? pink or peach?

2/ could you post a pic of yourself wearing one so we can see how they fit and hopefully lure Carl into some discussion on the project
The shirt at the top is pink. It is a 100% cotton fabric but has a great linen-like weave. I won't post pictures of myself weariing the shirt - I'm too shy :)

The red shirt is my favorite by far. The buttons were from 20 years ago, according to Carl. The red and pink shirts are for casual wear only.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE the blue stripe shirt. I have a similar one in french blue bengal stripe. Yours looks like a two-tone...very smart indeed.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
The pink I would certainly wear with a tie. Why wouldn't you? I love my pink H&K.

You could post a picture with your head cut out of it. See the "What Are You Wearing Now" thread for many examples.

newyorker

Reaction score
The pink I would certainly wear with a tie. Why wouldn't you? I love my pink H&K.

You could post a picture with your head cut out of it. See the "What Are You Wearing Now" thread for many examples.
I wear light pink shirts to the office all the time. The reason why the above pink shirt is designated casual is because of its texture - it has a linen-like weave and is very slightly sheer (for the summer).

newyorker

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE the blue stripe shirt. I have a similar one in french blue bengal stripe. Yours looks like a two-tone...very smart indeed.
It's actually french blue with triple thin white stripes
smile.gif

newyorker

Reaction score
I like the red shirt a lot because of the buttons and because it is actually not a solid red fabric but an end-to-end one which gives a very pleasing shade. Slightly fashionable without being flamboyant or crass.

ttam

Reaction score
Good looking shirts newyorker.  Are CEGO shirts MTM or bespoke (i.e., a new pattern cut for each customer)?  Or does Carl offer both services?  Also, what is the minimum shirt order and where are they located?  Thanks.

newyorker

Reaction score
Good looking shirts newyorker.  Are CEGO shirts MTM or bespoke (i.e., a new pattern cut for each customer)?  Or does Carl offer both services? Also, what is the minimum shirt order and where are they located?  Thanks.
Yes, a new pattern is cut for each customer. Carl, please give your input here. There is no minimum, I don't think. Carl may be able to create a sample shirt for you even, if you are purchasing several shirts (ask Carl). They are location in the Lower East Side. http://www.cego.com

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
FYI: 22nd and 5th is not the Lower East Side; it is the Flatiron District. In fact, Carl is on the west side of 5th, so techinically he is on the West Side.

newyorker

Reaction score
FYI: 22nd and 5th is not the Lower East Side; it is the Flatiron District.  In fact, Carl is on the west side of 5th, so techinically he is on the West Side.
Maybe it's time for me to consider changing my username.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shirts look great. I have to get in touch with Carl...

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Very nice shirts newyorker--love that pink one.

Let me also add that Carl is a pleasure to work with and has a great eye for fit. I've only received the sample shirt so far but intend to place a real order when time permits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads