• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cedar shoe racks

IBJanky

Reaction score
Need more shoe storage, so I'm thinking of getting some stackable cedar shoe racks like these:

_5717536.jpg

Is Nordstrom's still the best place to buy these? They have them for $19.99 each + shipping.

Anyone here own these? How are they? I'm thinking of getting 3 at first and see how they work out.

myke

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Myke, a slightly different way to approach this would be to get a chest of drawers (like this one from Ikea), and use it to store your shoes. Depending on your size, you can store 3-5 pairs per drawer, which is pretty decent IMO. I've found it to be a much more satisfactory solution than an 'open' shoe rack - less issues with dust on your shoes, difficult to clean dust accumulating under your rack, etc. Just my 0.02 - good luck!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have the ones in the OP...they're...shoe racks. i guess they're decent enough and they do the job. the wood is a bit on the flimsy side and they are held together with pegs, but they hold shoes just fine and smell like cedar
laugh.gif
19.99 is a decent price - IIRC i got them for a few bux less at Cedarville

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just one thing to consider - I have had a tough time with this kind of rack because they often don't fit shoes all that well. Look at your own photo - it even looks iffy that these racks can handle 3 pairs of shoes per rack without shoes being crammed together to the point of scuffing each other. Just be aware of this issue - I prefer a much wider span so more shoes can fit on each level. Remember, you can make something like this at home with some cheap pine you've bought at the Home Depot in one weekend that will fit your closet like a glove and accommodate 5-6 pairs per level.

Cedarville Store

Reaction score
Cedarville Store - current coupon codes.

Cedar Shoe Racks
http://www.cedarvillestore.com/c-5-s...age-units.aspx

styleforum - will take 10% off total order
cvsclub55 - will take $5.00 off Epic Cedar Shoe Trees (only $19.99/pr)
cvsclub44 - will take $4.00 off Washburn Cedar Shoe trees ($27.99/pr)
cvsclub22 - will take $2.00 off Classic Cedar Suit Hanger
freeship - Free Shipping on orders over $75.00 - USA only

Regards,
www.CedarvilleStore.com
International Shipping - No Problem!

Timeless Fashion

Reaction score
I use the cedar shoe racks that OP posted. I have the large ones and they have enough room for 4 pairs of shoes. I believe they are made by Woodlore, the same company that makes the shoe trees. They may be re-branded depending on where you buy them from though. If you can get the large shoe racks for under $20, I think it's reasonable.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Myke, a slightly different way to approach this would be to get a chest of drawers,
I second this idea ... it's what I have done ... albeit using a different style of furniture.

nringo

Reaction score
I was going to order the cedar racks but decided to try my hand at building one instead. Picked up a 48"x12" piece of wood that was intended to be used as a shelf from Home Depot (its laminated, white, looks nice and matches my closet interior). Then had them cut down another one to 12"x6" and used those for the sides. Works perfect and fits 5 pairs underneath and 5 on top. Cost about $12 total.

IBJanky

Reaction score
I decided to get the ones they sell at nordstrom.com

I bought 4 sets, so we'll see how they work out.

myke

phillyesq

Reaction score
For people that use the cedar racks, do you find that your shoes get dusty? Do you keep them in bags?

I previously stored most of my shoes in the original boxes with trees and bags. While workable, it isn't the most efficient. Aside from cedar racks, what type of storage are people using/recommending?

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the benefit of cedar racks other than smelling nice? I know with hangars it's supposed to stop moths from eating our suits. Do moths eat shoes?

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
moths dont eat shoes. but cedar just smells nice. it is a sturdy wood.

Fair enough. I certainly appreciate cedar trees for this reason.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads