• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

CDGH+ Comme Des Garcons Homme Plus FW 2003 Coat [L]

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
[Re-]Introducing the Schneiderian Progenitor
CDGH+ FW03 thick heavy cotton/rayon
Excellent condition, some pilling to be expected as it's nearly 10 years old.
Never worn by me, rarely by the fellow who located it for me as his climate was quite prohibitive.

Size L, 21" p2p, further measurements forthcoming, best for a true 50 (I'm 48-50 and it's a touch large on me).

It is quite obvious, what with the hidden button placket and the slit pockets and sturdy collar, why a Schneiderian description is used. But being from 2003, it predates all the chefs-d'oeuvre emerging from the Antwerp labyrinth. Despite the fabric being composed of a cotton blend, salvaged because it is paired with the superior rayon, it feels and looks nothing like that plantation product of antiquity. Rather, I would describe it as almost boiled wool, quite substantial, a perfect coat to see off the last days of winter and then wear without layers as the early spring winds will try to salvage the last of the cold during our re-orientation toward the Sun.

Rei Kawakubo is a lone traveler on an aesthetic journey, during which she occasionally throws out oblique reflections on the state of the world. For Fall, Kawakubo sees us quite literally as people in transit, walking toward our destinations with what look like bundles of possessions slung about our bodies. In one sense, the designer arrived at those tied-on fabric slings and knapsacks by developing the bunchy forms that were knotted into her Spring collection. Now, though, they’ve acquired different associations, which, Kawakubo said, emerged from the idea of a pilgrimage.

Oddly enough, that idea didn’t send her collection wandering too far off the beaten track. Returning to work with her beloved tartans, Kawakubo created jackets and coats that addressed the subject of traditional menswear from a different angle. Platform-soled loafers had the rock-and-roll cool of brothel creepers, while molded rubber Wellingtons had the air of biker boots about them.

Kawakubo doesn’t usually spell out her political beliefs, but this collection included a section of printed fabrics bearing slogans standing up for individualistic thinking. One was Kierkegaard’s “The majority is always wrong,” supplemented by a couple of one-liners written by the designer’s collaborator Gene Krell: “Conformity is the language of corruption” and “Viva the one-percenters.”

The last pilgrim exited the show wrapped in a flaglike cloak, pieced together in the form of a black cross. Though Kawakubo said the religious symbolism was coincidental, the image was disturbingly poignant.

Attachments

Last edited:

fungz0r

Reaction score
Why must you and sipang always sell things that never fit me?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
réservation de places de spectacles à prix réduits​

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
p2p 21.5”-22" | shoulder-to-shoulder 18.5” | length 42” | shoulder seam-end of sleeve 27” | armpit-end of sleeve 29”

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
[Color="AA2211"]***[/COLOR] For the next month and half this will be avaiable at the ridiculously low price of 250$ shipped. After June 15 it will go back to the regular asking price. Don't miss out on such an opportunity [Color="AA2211"]***[/COLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.