CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Mar 11, 2011.

1. NORE

NORE Senior member

nore, i know you're a polo guy. come join the klub kollar klub.

I just searched and found a nice orange/white stripe one.

2. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

3. NORE

NORE Senior member

I don't shave on the weekends. God doesn't care. Everyone else is free to assume I am growing a beard.
    He cares that you put forth the same or greater effort that you would if you were meeting a person of relative importance, say the president. People who think otherwise are mistaken. If you were invited to the white house, what would you wear? So why would you do less when going to offer worship to God? Just think about it and adjust accordingly, please do not respond.

4. srivats

srivats Senior member

[​IMG]

Manton, I really like this combo ... I'dve gone PS-less but the one have is nice as well. Where is the tie from? I need one asap [​IMG]

5. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

[​IMG]

This looks great Manton. I probably never would have tried it myself, as I'd be frightened off by the patterns/textures all together, but this looks really terrific. Can you tell me about the shirt?

6. cronicmole

cronicmole Senior member

He cares that you put forth the same or greater effort that you would if you were meeting a person of relative importance, say the president. People who think otherwise are mistaken.

If you were invited to the white house, what would you wear? So why would you do less when going to offer worship to God? Just think about it and adjust accordingly, please do not respond.

word.

7. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

He cares that you put forth the same or greater effort that you would if you were meeting a person of relative importance, say the president. People who think otherwise are mistaken.

If you were invited to the white house, what would you wear? So why would you do less when going to offer worship to God? Just think about it and adjust accordingly, please do not respond.

I have no doG in this race, but I would encourage Manton to respond.

8. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

In a church filled with hundreds of people, there are maybe two old men with ties. And me. Everyone else looks terrible. No guilt here.

9. Manton

Manton, I really like this combo ... I'dve gone PS-less but the one have is nice as well. Where is the tie from? I need one asap [​IMG]

The tie is from Buonanno in Via Toledo in Naples.

10. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    Let's take the religious talk out of this thread. I like it here and don't want to have to avoid it.

11. scruff

scruff Senior member

If you were invited to the white house, what would you wear? So why would you do less when going to offer worship to God?

I see a difference in that the person occupying the former exists; the latter, well, questionable.

12. NORE

NORE Senior member

Not here to debate. Just to offer logic. Your choice to ignore it is just that.

13. Manton

This looks great Manton. I probably never would have tried it myself, as I'd be frightened off by the patterns/textures all together, but this looks really terrific. Can you tell me about the shirt?

It's an OCBD by CEGO.

14. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

In a church filled with hundreds of people, there are maybe two old men with ties. And me. Everyone else looks terrible. No guilt here.

yeah, the synagogue I go to has very casual services. I'm one of a couple who were ties, and the youngest of those by 30 years. I wouldn't talk to a customer in shirt sleeves and an open neck, I have no intention of talking to god that way (not that I believe, but I still think that a place of worship deserves respect)

15. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

...If you were invited to the white house, what would you wear? So why would you do less when going to offer worship to God? Just think about it and adjust accordingly, please do not respond.
    Depends on whether or not you're friends.