1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Mar 11, 2011.

1. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

TRINI, you're looking good these days, mostly, but by God you need a new shoe wardrobe.

Thanks and I know. [​IMG]

Thoughts on a pair of these?

[​IMG]

2. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

How can it be a negative zero?

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

:thumbsup:

4. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

5. mmkn

mmkn Senior member

master

For a second there I thought I was on the Renal Transplantation Forum's discussion of whether a surgeon's knot, slip knot, or square knot would be the best knot to approximate the renal artery to the graft . . . Not!

One can always re-tie one's shoes. Hypotension and a bleeding transplanted kidney, another matter! [​IMG]

Seriously, I just got into bespoke shoes and folks are showing me how to do various secure ties. Keeps me flexible and away from the dreaded calcification, I suppose.

- M

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yes.

Seriously, I have seen some ridiculous nits picked on Style Forum, but shoe knots?

I sail so I know how to tie a small variety of basic knots but I have never known that there was a "correct" one for tying one's shoes and that mine is "wrong."

This is like the time some ass criticized me for an "off center tie dimple." Well, OK. You got me.

Hey, it's not as trivial as it sounds: one time I tied a bowline in a pair of cap-toes and ended up having to chop the laces off. [​IMG] At least I kept my feet attached.

BTW - I vehemently disagree with the hoi polloi about the bold rep tie from last week - I liked it. Whether that makes you feel any better...would be debatable.

7. wmb

wmb Senior member

TRINI, you're looking good these days, mostly, but by God you need a new shoe wardrobe.

I agree, but I don't mind this pair of shoes so much (the Mora double monks looked pretty bad though) That is a big watch for CBD and I always prefer those collar buttons buttoned...

8. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can barely master one, now I learn there's a whole wide world of shoe knots I can be experimenting with. Linkz plz.

Don't try them all at once!
    http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/knots.htm

Very close to ordering a cream linen suit. Please tell me on a scale of 1-10 how CBD that is.

You'd look good in this, so unless you really need another work suit, why not just order it and wear it for non-work occasions. A Rubinacci cream linen would be great, DB even better, like the one from the 30s that's floating around here.

9. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

For a second there I thought I was on the Renal Transplantation Forum's discussion of whether a surgeon's knot, slip knot, or square knot would be the best knot to approximate the renal artery to the graft . . . Not!

The only practical thing I ever learned from my time in the OR when I was a student/junior doc was how to tie my trash bags securely, so they never open accidentaly. Surgeon's knot, every time. [​IMG]

Surgery requires such immense patience; nowhere more so than transplant work I think, given the fineness of the work. Man, it would do my head in. Kudos to you dude. [​IMG]

11. Raralith

Raralith Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boots inspired by some earlier posts so I thought I'd give it a try; I should have stuck with some longwings instead after some other inspirations here.

12. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

I like the suit but I think this would look better with lighter socks.

13. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Senior member

Very close to ordering a cream linen suit. Please tell me on a scale of 1-10 how CBD that is.

Atticus Finch

14. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Way back when I was a baby lawyer, I took a client before the Parole Board in the dead of summer in a cream linen suit. Hunt Correctional Facility in Baton Rouge. It was plenty CBD in that environment. Of course, I don't think it really mattered since 5 minutes into the hearing the Chairman pulled out a pack of Levi-Garrett chaw and packed his cheek. Yeah, right there in the hearing. I lost, 2-1....but was commended on my performance.

Yeah, I know, "cool story, bro."

I guess it all depends on where you are as to what is CBD.

Mike

15. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Improper knot.

No, looks allright.

[​IMG]

16. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Way back when I was a baby lawyerMike

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

17. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

[​IMG]

Those are great. Which last are they on? Thanks.

-LR

18. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Those are great. Which last are they on? Thanks.

-LR

I believe those are on the F-last.

19. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

I believe those are on the F-last.

Thanks. If I can ever figure out what size I wear in Vass, I will definitely be getting those.

-LR

20. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Thanks. If I can ever figure out what size I wear in Vass, I will definitely be getting those.

-LR

That's my goal between now and the next order time.