1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Mar 11, 2011.

1. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Thanks Redwoood.

When I looked at that particular pic, I thought the same thing. I've already tapered them a bit, so I'm not sure if it's the rain made everything sloppy, the angle, or - maybe I need to taper them more. Here's another angle just to compare:
    [​IMG]

Part of the problem is with photography. In real life the trousers have movement (be it from your motion or the breeze). Cameras also highlight creases, folds etc. because of the increased contrast (and in camera or post-processing sharpening) - this is particularly noticeable with lighter colours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/SPOILER]

Very restrained today (and that's not a criticism [​IMG] ).

Interested in some feedback on two things with today's outfit, especially from this thread's slightly different perspective. Firstly, it's a new tie and I um'ed and ah'ed a bit about whether to use a white shirt or the blue one you see. I'm guessing a good compromise would have been to stay with blue, but use a lighter shade? Secondly, I was also equivocal about whether to go for these shoes or black ones. The CBDite angle would be black shoes, but leaving that to one side, since I wasn't going for CBD today, do the brown shoes work at all with it? I don't wear this pair all that often...

[​IMG]

Shirt is fine (and I think white or pale blue would work okay too). I don't actively dislike those shoes with the suit, but agree with Manton that they're a tad red.
    [​IMG]
    My only nit-pick is with the square's fold.

2. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I know the jacket is snug. Working on that.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Nice tie. Jacket is just over the borderline into snug, but I've seen much worse [​IMG] Something is causing a crease in your pocket creating a vertical line that is emphasing your thigh width. I'm trying to get out of the habit of carrying stuff in my pockets as it's a problem I frequently have [​IMG]

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Holdfast, I like the colors of that tie, the pattern not so much. The shirt is fine with it. Agree that brown shoes with less red tone would be better.
    Shirt is fine (and I think white or pale blue would work okay too). I don't actively dislike those shoes with the suit, but agree with Manton that they're a tad red.
    Thanks, both. That shirt is a funny thing. Sometimes it just seems *too* blue but from a distance, I really like it. Regarding the shoes, while I have the thread's transient attention, what sort of outfits would you wear them with? They're one of my less worn pairs, despite owning them for longer than most other pairs I have, and I'd like to find more options for them. They're pretty much the colour you see in the photo, and are half-brogues with a medallion. I wear them with dark-ish cords sometimes, and occasionally tan cotton trousers, and that's about it.

4. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

Thanks Redwoood.

Part of the problem is with photography. In real life the trousers have movement (be it from your motion or the breeze). Cameras also highlight creases, folds etc. because of the increased contrast (and in camera or post-processing sharpening) - this is particularly noticeable with lighter colours.

Very restrained today (and that's not a criticism [​IMG] ).

My only nit-pick is with the square's fold.

not my best [​IMG]

5. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

Another business trip - this time Chicago. I get more comments when I wear a knit tie than with any other aspect of my outfit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Regarding the shoes, while I have the thread's transient attention, what sort of outfits would you wear them with?

They're one of my less worn pairs, despite owning them for longer than most other pairs I have, and I'd like to find more options for them. They're pretty much the colour you see in the photo, and are half-brogues with a medallion. I wear them with dark-ish cords sometimes, and occasionally tan cotton trousers, and that's about it.

They could work with a light gray flannel or wool.

7. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Another business trip - this time Chicago. I get more comments when I wear a knit tie than with any other aspect of my outfit.

Very James Bond.

8. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

Very James Bond.

Quite. Though I am not sure the pink shirt would cut it.

9. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Doing some CBD today. Close-spaced chalk stripes too radical?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

11. Eustace

Eustace Senior member

12. Manton

Doing some CBD today. Close-spaced chalk stripes too radical?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Love the shoes tie and shirt, the suit is a bit jarring. Just a bit.

13. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Senior member

Last Wednesday:

[​IMG]

Thursday:

[​IMG]

Today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shirt is actually a grey and white micro-check.

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

15. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Senior member

Lord Willy's?

What's that?

16. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

why is SF so comfortable wearing brown shoes with grey suits?

17. Manton

why is SF so comfortable wearing brown shoes with grey suits?

Because it looks good.

18. tazmaniac

tazmaniac Senior member

I am studying at home at the moment and therefore don't wear suits. This weekend I had to attend a wedding, however, and after getting dressed, I thought: this is actually pretty much what I'd wear to the office (well, apart from the socks, but I posted the shoe shot anyway...). So here goes: [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Manton

Silly socks; funky shoes.

20. tazmaniac

tazmaniac Senior member

I wear mostly solid socks, normally in more muted colours. I like subtle patterns, but they can be hard to find for my smallish feet.

Shoes are EG Ladbroke