1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Mar 11, 2011.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

Got you, yes.

I understand that they need to be open because of your instep, but thought that all that taut lacing would then strain downwards against the tongue when walking, making it uncomfortable, whereas when one can pull the gap narrower due to a more typical fit , the pressure would be partly distributed away from the top of the foot and down through the quarters (correct terminology?).

Have you ever considered going down the MTO/bespoke route?

No, there isn't any additional tension compared to a shoe that's laced completely closed. I guess I'm not explaining myself correctly here but they are laced this way precisely to adapt snuggly to the shape of my instep, exactly the same way someone with a lower instep would get a comfortable fit by lacing them more closed. It's really no more or less comfortable.

Many of my shoes are MTO (Vass) but there's no adjustment for instep there. Never considered bespoke shoes because I'm happy with RTW fit in the handful of lasts that fit me well.

2. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Not sure if you're saying the suit looks dark grey to you, but it is a very dark navy. Here's a snap in more direct light.

Ah yes, it seemed dark grey. Thanks.

3. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Could be worse, could be tassel loafers [​IMG][

This is true.

What's the thinking behind brown rather than black shoes with a blue shirt?

I'm no colour theorist but I tend to associate the blue with a warmer palette which would call for brown IM0 whereas the white shirt is starker and colder and calls for black.

4. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

5. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Please Foof Threadbearer's jacket.

6. NORE

NORE Senior member

It appears that a thread was squirreled in which I had four posts.

This post uses up one, leaving two more possible before getting back to 24,999.

I am, thus, entertaining any thoughts on how I can publically support this thread with my next post. I have to reserve 24,999.

Thank you.

- B

Um, please repeat that [​IMG]

7. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

I am, thus, entertaining any thoughts on how I can publically support this thread with my next post. I have to reserve 24,999.

Thank you.

- B

Options:

1. get the crew together and post the CBD WAYWRN to end all CBD WAYWRNs

2. moo

On second thought, if post count is that important to you, why don't you ask j to freeze it at whatever number you want?

8. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Just do two +1's.

9. NORE

NORE Senior member

He will have to throw himself down a hill, dust himself off then take pics & post or else all will be for naught. Unless his post includes the snuffy coat [​IMG]

10. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

vox's post count should be "- B"

11. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

12. NORE

NORE Senior member

vox's post count should be "- B"

Brilliance!

13. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Thank you.

- B

I suggest you just keep editing this post with all your comments. People will quote it and thus keep it relevant order. At least theoretically.

14. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

15. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

[​IMG]

Is this your solito DB? Did you get it with spalla camica? I recall your initial thread about Neapolitan shoulders mention that some people think the shirt shoulder is only for weekend jackets and not for suits. What are you thoughts now about spalla camica in relation to CBD and UCBD?

My NSM suit has spalla camica and has a more casual look than the others I have from Chan. I'm thinking of making a dark navy next and I'm wondering if I should get it with a little rollino in case I want to wear it as UCBD.

16. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]
    Pinned BD is very Astaire but not CBD.
    Is this your solito DB? Did you get it with spalla camica? I recall your initial thread about Neapolitan shoulders mention that some people think the shirt shoulder is only for weekend jackets and not for suits. What are you thoughts now about spalla camica in relation to CBD and UCBD?

My NSM suit has spalla camica and has a more casual look than the others I have from Chan. I'm thinking of making a dark navy next and I'm wondering if I should get it with a little rollino in case I want to wear it as UCBD.

Yes, Solito shirtsleeve. I like the shirtsleeve and get it on all my stuff from him. Honestly, I don't think it effects CBD at all. I can't stand roping and when I use tailors who don't do the shirtsleeve, I prefer the seam pressed dead flat.

17. cronicmole

cronicmole Senior member

Vox- I think you should use one of your posts to showcase multiple recent fits and go out with a bang...

18. SkinnyGoomba

Pinned BD is very Astaire but not CBD.

It takes a bold man. I wore it to some event that i was invited to.

Shoes:

[​IMG]

19. Bounder

Bounder Senior member

It takes a bold man. I wore it to some event that i was invited to. Shoes: [​IMG]
    BB Cordovan?

20. SkinnyGoomba

C&J handgrade, calfskin. They just appear shinier in this photo.

I murdered it with an Ice pick by comparison to what else I saw at this event, which was business formal.

The photo quality of my HTC phone is superb by comparison to that of the apple phones, I'll have to stop asking my GF to take pics.