• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It would appear that they need a press.

Pembers

Reaction score
Not the best photos and not photos of the best dresser, but I like this thread and would like to bump it.

Dark grey flannel suit; blue and white bengal-striped shirt; navy blue silk knitted tie; black captoe Oxfords not seen.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Leave it to the Italians!

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1303_marchionne_sets_strict_dress_code/

AUBURN HILLS, Michigan -- Besweatered Sergio Marchionne has issued an internal memo requiring all Chrysler white-collar employees to wear white collars. And suits and neckties for men. Suits or pantsuits for women. The new requirement represents a major policy reversal from the man who turned around Chrysler after its 2009 bankruptcy. Marchionne is known for his black sweaters, worn over open-collar shirts. One source says Marchionne hasn't been seen wearing a suit since Pope John Paul II received him at the Vatican in the mid-1990s. The 60-year-old Marchionne told employees in the email memo that he would adhere by his own requirement.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"The new policy is considered especially draconian in that it takes effect immediately, on Monday, April 1."

:paranoia:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

"The new policy is considered especially draconian in that it takes effect immediately, on Monday, April 1."

:paranoia:

FFS. I hate April Fools Day...

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Monochrome Monday. Doing my best impression of a boring Italian businessman.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
"Bright tie" (conservative business dress style). It's Friday...

Last edited:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those dots are kinda larger for conservative business dress, no?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I will leave that to you fine gentlemen to decide.

coldsalmon

Reaction score
Not sure why this thread died. Here is my conservative business dress for today:

It's a "budget" ensemble by SF standards:
Suitsupply Napoli suit, TM Lewin shirt, TheTieBar tie, Brooks Brothers cotton handkerchief. Not shown are my black Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenues.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads