CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Mar 11, 2011.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Oooh. I hope bought on sale.

Bought NIB on eBay (70% off retail) but still a couple bills more than what I pay for Vass. Not sure it's justified to be honest.

2. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just have never liked those H&H (or H&H-inspired) animal/country/outdoorsy cartoon ties. It goes fine with what you are wearing, I am just not a fan.

It might have been his only green tie, and he needed it to fend off pinches.

Vox actually PMed to say that the shoes were not quite right, or not quite trad. Apparently, big bluchers were more middle American than East Coast.

I was going for a more Naples look anyway. Big Shoes seem de riguer over there.

I remember Vox mentioning that in an earlier thread, at least regarding longwings, which he said were "rube" shoes back in the day. I didn't take it to mean that all American bluchers were seen that way. Still, yours are Lobb and not particularly bulbous. They're actually pretty sleek. It's really just the color that struck me as daring with a dark suit but maybe I'm wrong.

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Bought NIB on eBay (70% off retail) but still a couple bills more than what I pay for Vass. Not sure it's justified to be honest.

they look great. therefore it is justified.

4. oldog/oldtrix

oldog/oldtrix Senior member

5. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

I don't know if this is going to make the CBD cut due to the colors, but it is St. Patrick's Day...so I wanted to work the green in.

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. in stitches

[​IMG][​IMG]

for starters i like the looks you have posted and i am probably the least qualified poster to critique anyone here. that being said, the trousers look very baggy and billowy to me in these pics. its a look im not that in to, but hey, different strokes...

8. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like it all but the outrageous PS fold and the loafers (I don't mind the loafers, but I think they are out of place with such a formal suit as this). You have been featuring tassle loafers exclusively in these posts, Trini. Are these your preferred shoes these days?

Mike

9. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Too much faux sprezz TRINI.

10. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

for starters i like the looks you have posted and i am probably the least qualified poster to critique anyone here. that being said, the trousers look very baggy and billowy to me in these pics. its a look im not that in to, but hey, different strokes...
    Yes, but they fit him. So rather than being overly baggy and worn too low on the waist like the average drone here in the District, his trousers hang very well and you'll also note that the pleats aren't flaring outwards, but rather opening gently downwards. This orthodoxy regarding nuthugger tight trousers is stupid because not everyone has the same build as all those foppish Pitti jerkwads.

11. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Trini,

I think a black neat pattern tie and white shirt would look better. I love the loafers with this look.

12. gdl203

This orthodoxy regarding nuthugger tight trousers is stupid because not everyone has the same build as all those foppish Pitti jerkwads.

why u mad ? [​IMG]

13. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

why u mad ? [​IMG]
    Because it appears that everyone here has a poor habit of making subjective opinions into objective ones. I should add that finding RTW trousers in a variety of nice colors and patterns (e.g. very light grey or plaids) for non-stick figures is close to impossible given the trends.

14. in stitches

Because it appears that everyone here has a poor habit of making subjective opinions into objective ones.

I should add that finding RTW trousers in a variety of nice colors and patterns (e.g. very light grey or plaids) for non-stick figures is close to impossible given the trends.

i thought i was rather polite in my post. i made it clear that i am no expert on the matter and even noted everyone has different styles. also it looks like he has a forward and reverse pleat going on there. anyway back to cbd...

15. gdl203

Because it appears that everyone here has a poor habit of making subjective opinions into objective ones.
    This is what's been wrong with this forum for a bit. There's a range of "right" with all sorts of personal preferences inside that range. But there's also plenty of "wrong" beyond that range. Not everything is personal preference - some stuff just looks bad and we should say so.

You seem to imply that trousers fit well only if they fit at the waist/hips. This may be your opinion but it's incorrect. Good fit is also through the leg and in the length.

I also think that old/old could benefit from a less baggy trouser leg. I also think it is within the range of acceptable, but that doesn't mean it's optimal.

Finally, don't get so mad. People voice their opinions, you voice yours. All good.