CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Mar 11, 2011.

1. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

Does everything fit perfectly? No. Do I care? No. These are functional pieces of my life. I wear these clothes day in an day out. Sometimes, you have to compromise.

Obviously, the most important thing is your happiness with your pieces. I can appreciate that, and, in many ways, your attitude is preferable to people who freak about the fit not being 100% perfect. Just wanted to give my 2 cents.

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

3. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Obviously, the most important thing is your happiness with your pieces. I can appreciate that, and, in many ways, your attitude is preferable to people who freak about the fit not being 100% perfect. Just wanted to give my 2 cents.

Also, keep in mind that for some fits it may be the first time I posted a good pic. So, I am looking at feedback. Personally, while I feel this is long, I don't think it is as bad as I thought it would look. When I saw the pictures, I decided that I can live with it.

Mike

4. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

I never chuckle.

You slurp.

5. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

Also, I think I prefer the old Trini, to be honest. I enjoyed his eclectic collection of SCs and his individuality.

+1. Some of the stuff he's hawked on B/S is criminal. It looked fantastic on him. By the same token, I have seen bespoke pieces (or perhaps it's only the one coat with the low button stance and baggy sleeves) that fit worse than some of his OTR! Bespoke is a process, though, and, at the end of the day, he'll probably be best-served by a bespoke tailor in the long run, especially given his height.

6. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Also, keep in mind that for some fits it may be the first time I posted a good pic. So, I am looking at feedback. Personally, while I feel this is long, I don't think it is as bad as I thought it would look. When I saw the pictures, I decided that I can live with it.

Mike

It is too long. You need to send it to me. I will even pay for shipping.

7. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

If it's a 42R and the trousers are 31ish I'll pay international shipping [​IMG]

8. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

I suggest the two of you meet up in Iceland and rassle.

9. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

LOL.

If it's a 42R and the trousers are 31ish I'll pay international shipping [​IMG]

You might be able to get that out of the pants if you lost the cuffs. [​IMG]

You guys don't want this. Last time I wore it, I got tanked on 10 cent Martinis and bounced off of something greasy in the Men's room before wandering onto Chartres Street in the Quarter. There is still a faint stain on the top of the right lapel.

Mike

10. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

LOL.

You might be able to get that out of the pants if you lost the cuffs. [​IMG]

You guys don't want this. Last time I wore it, I got tanked on 10 cent Martinis and bounced off of something greasy in the Men's room before wandering onto Chartres Street in the Quarter. There is still a faint stain on the top of the right lapel.

Mike

[​IMG]

11. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

Last time I wore it, I got tanked on 10 cent Martinis and bounced off of something greasy in the Men's room before wandering onto Chartres Street in the Quarter.
    10 cent Martinis and Chartres. Must have been Bacco.

12. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

It's a trap that many on this forum, including myself, have fallen into. I think someone like Trini is a great example of how to get out of that trap. He had a bunch of decent outfits, but they often had some noticeable flaw. He pared down and started focusing more on getting things that fit, and the results show. Yes, he has less to choose from now, but they just look better. (I'm not talking about his diavolo-esque shift to very basic colors and patterns. I mean the actual fit of his clothes.)

[​IMG]

Also, I think I prefer the old Trini, to be honest. I enjoyed his eclectic collection of SCs and his individuality.

Aww shucks. Fear not, I still plan on owning some quality FU sportcoats. I'm just trying to get the bases covered now.

+1. Some of the stuff he's hawked on B/S is criminal. It looked fantastic on him. By the same token, I have seen bespoke pieces (or perhaps it's only the one coat with the low button stance and baggy sleeves) that fit worse than some of his OTR! Bespoke is a process, though, and, at the end of the day, he'll probably be best-served by a bespoke tailor in the long run, especially given his height.

Cheers. That sport coat's been since fixed btw.

13. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

10 cent Martinis and Chartres. Must have been Bacco.

You are correct, Sir. Bacco...R.I.P, you were great while you lasted. [​IMG]

Mike

14. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

Except we come here for the very purpose of discussing the minutiae of clothing

Speak for yourself.

15. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored