CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sargent for BB/Peal plain-to bluchers (shoes).

Ah - it's surprisingly hard to get a reasonably sleek brown PTB on the cheap these days. There's Vass or EG, but I don't see anything from the mid tier makers.

2. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. ndw

ndw Senior member

[​IMG] rain. Haven't seen the sun in months. Suit held up pretty well considering I had coat on all day. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. forex

forex Senior member

I shouldn't technically be in this thread, as my workplace doesn't by any means require CBD. But anyway:

[​IMG]

Why?

6. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Ah - it's surprisingly hard to get a reasonably sleek brown PTB on the cheap these days. There's Vass or EG, but I don't see anything from the mid tier makers.

They're really great shoes, I have a pair. Nice leather, channeled soles. The last fits me nicely. I was lucky enough to get them on clearance off BB for <$200, but they no longer appear to sell them. Was my first nice pair of shoes, picked a good one I guess.

8. quar

quar Senior member

[​IMG]

RTW Liverano again? I like it overall, but I feel the jacket looks long on you. Fabric has a nice texture. I've never quite liked those textured shirtings though.

9. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

]

[​IMG]

Great shoes! colour is good for suit, plain, sleek with a hint of the rustic

10. ndw

ndw Senior member

RTW Liverano again? I like it overall, but I feel the jacket looks long on you. Fabric has a nice texture. I've never quite liked those textured shirtings though.

Thanks. It's partenopea. I agree the coat looks too long and actually feels slightly long when I wear it, but I've tried shorter and found if I have too much waist suppression or go too short, because I have disproportionately large hips and upper legs and the coat rests/funny flares out. That said it is too long and could lose 1/4-.5". I'm on the fence with the textured shirtings. This one isn't my favorite but I bought it so I figured Id wear it - I do like the collar.

11. Navi

Navi Senior member

[​IMG] rain. Haven't seen the sun in months. Suit held up pretty well considering I had coat on all day.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That tie is the shiznit. Nice knot too. I feel your pain about the rain, most days I can't take pictures outside because of the rain.

12. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

Thanks. It's partenopea. I agree the coat looks too long and actually feels slightly long when I wear it, but I've tried shorter and found if I have too much waist suppression or go too short, because I have disproportionately large hips and upper legs and the coat rests/funny flares out. That said it is too long and could lose 1/4-.5". I'm on the fence with the textured shirtings. This one isn't my favorite but I bought it so I figured Id wear it - I do like the collar.

Havent seenm the actual pic of ndw, but liverano rtw is styled like liverano bespoke a la florentine...very wide, rounded quarters and no divots...ehh, fron darts (so can be easily distinguideshed fromn partenopea and other pseudo neapolitans).
    I think it's made by Belvest, but I am not sure, although I tried on some rtw items.

13. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

NDW the pants look much better here with a break.

14. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Stunning tie Manton. Can you pls id it.

15. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Stunning tie Manton. Can you pls id it.

Cappelli, made from Escorial.