CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Mar 11, 2011.

1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

That looks awesome, Parker. My tie today (from Howard Yount) looks just like that.
    I could swear there's one factory in Italy that makes that tie then just sells to every brand. I have the same tie from Belgravia, I've seen a Paul Smith one, there's that Howard Yount one... Then again, it's not like it's a special pattern I suppose [​IMG] I still feel bad because I never got the light purple version with white dots.

2. barims

barims Senior member

^ I'm still keeping an eye out for you, A

3. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I could swear there's one factory in Italy that makes that tie
    No. There are a number of makers. Almost all are good but you can tell a difference with some of them. For example, the Drakes ones are more crunchy. The Charvet are the heaviest. The ones that Paul Stuart sells are the best value/feel for the money IMO. But if you want a unique color or a classic that you will wear forever, consider spending more getting the Drakes or Charvet.

4. Diavolo

Diavolo Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay, I'm going to try to reform and be constructive.

I love this suit, love the tie and shirt - but does the colour of the shoes (forget my preference for double monks) conflict with what appears to be the burgundy in the tie and socks?

I think a chocolate brown shoe looks great with deep purple accessories such as socks and ties - preferably suede which I suppose is not CBD.

5. Diavolo

Diavolo Senior member

Parker keeps killing.

*waits for forvm smart alec to criticize the matching socks/tie*

He has been the gold standard over the years.

BTW if this is an international thing, surely double monks and knit ties are CBD in Italy?

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

No. There are a number of makers. Almost all are good but you can tell a difference with some of them. For example, the Drakes ones are more crunchy. The Charvet are the heaviest. The ones that Paul Stuart sells are the best value/feel for the money IMO. But if you want a unique color or a classic that you will wear forever, consider spending more getting the Drakes or Charvet.

Mine feels pretty heavy/crunchy so I'm guessing that it would be one of the better ones.

7. tazmaniac

tazmaniac Senior member

I agree. The crunch (cri de soie...) of the Drake's really does it for me. I also have one of the bicolor Gallo ones, which is nice, but much softer/less substantial.

8. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Okay, I'm going to try to reform and be constructive.

I love this suit, love the tie and shirt - but does the colour of the shoes (forget my preference for double monks) conflict with what appears to be the burgundy in the tie and socks?

I think a chocolate brown shoe looks great with deep purple accessories such as socks and ties - preferably suede which I suppose is not CBD.

Interesting - I didn't notice that in the picture but I do find myself that I have a hard time combining chestnut colored shoes with red or burgundy. I find that more true with casual outfits when the bold color is the trousers or shirt.

9. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

[​IMG]
    Looks great, even though I'm not a fan of pocket squares with coloured edges. I'm considering ordering a DJ in this configuration. What's the thinking behind the single boutonniere? Is it to make it more casual?

10. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Went to a dry wedding today. They should be illegal. CWD maybe (socks excepted)? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

Looking good, counselor.

But...blocking-out your eye candy's face = criminal.

I'm gonna ask the prosecutor to press charges...[​IMG]

12. srivats

srivats Senior member

That suit looks realy nice, Lutfy. The fit is spot on everywhere. Please tell me that is not vintage.

13. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Looks great, even though I'm not a fan of pocket squares with coloured edges. I'm considering ordering a DJ in this configuration. What's the thinking behind the single boutonniere? Is it to make it more casual?

There was no thinking. It was originally made with no lapel hole at all and I said "Hey, I like to wear a flower, this needs holes." And it came back with one, angled down. At first I was [​IMG] but then I figured, since I always wear a flower with black tie and no one would see it, I would just roll with it. No way to add another though, because two angled down would look even worse than one.

14. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Looking good, counselor.

But...blocking-out your eye candy's face = criminal.

I'm gonna ask the prosecutor to press charges...[​IMG]

The pictures you are about to see are real. The faces have been blanked to protect the innocent...

That suit looks realy nice, Lutfy. The fit is spot on everywhere. Please tell me that is not vintage.

It's a BB Regent from maybe 1-2 years ago.