CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Mar 11, 2011.

1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

actually the b/w pic is great because it makes you appreciate the cut of everything (another great sack) and the repp tie/longwings complete the Americana CBD vibe, even though I dilike the gunboats. For me, at that point the color pic can only be a let down.

don't get me wrong, I definitely understand the aesthetic appeal of a b/w pic and agree that it looks more than great here, but my assumption in this thread is that it focuses more on reality than nice pics compared to other waywt threads

2. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Not sure if this suit pattern would make the cut as CBD, or the knit tie for that matter, but it is pretty subdued. Plus, black shoes. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mike

3. TTO

TTO Senior member

Nice, very nice Mike!
    -TTO

4. aeglus

Not sure if this suit pattern would make the cut as CBD, or the knit tie for that matter, but it is pretty subdued. Plus, black shoes. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mike

Looks slightly iffy on the suit (emphasis on slightly) but really seems fine in my eye.

5. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

actually the b/w pic is great because it makes you appreciate the cut of everything (another great sack) and the repp tie/longwings complete the Americana CBD vibe, even though I dilike the gunboats. For me, at that point the color pic can only be a let down.

don't get me wrong, I definitely understand the aesthetic appeal of a b/w pic and agree that it looks more than great here, but my assumption in this thread is that it focuses more on reality than nice pics compared to other waywt threads

Ed nailed it. Focus is on fit in the b/w. Also, the lighting today was so bad that details could be seen only in the b/w pic.

6. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Looks great Mike. This suit makes you look taller. Maybe it's the trou?

Maybe would have used a blue ps instead of the white. Or maybe white with a blue piping.

7. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Bow ties are CBD in the South.

Around here they'd be more CBD than black suede.

8. aeglus

I appreciate the distinction a lot more than you all may think. I'm working with people that do quite a bit of international work and though my emphasis is strictly on the English language, my qualifications and background make them look to me for a bit more than that (at least on clothes...). I definitely don't want to disappoint them and let them know what different regions feel is acceptable if not conservative (I live in Korea where just about anything flies so this really isn't about me as much as I'd like to say).

9. TTO

TTO Senior member

Around here they'd be more CBD than black suede.
    [​IMG]
    -TTO

10. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Looks slightly iffy on the suit (emphasis on slightly) but really seems fine in my eye.

Cool.

Looks great Mike. This suit makes you look taller. Maybe it's the trou?

Maybe would have used a blue ps instead of the white. Or maybe white with a blue piping.

It may be that I raised my camera about a foot. I discovered my tripod has a telescoping feature...3 months after I bought it. [​IMG]

I think there would be too much blue with a blue square.

Mike

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Cool.

It may be that I raised my camera about a foot. I discovered my tripod has a telescoping feature...3 months after I bought it. [​IMG]

I think there would be too much blue with a blue square.

Mike

Mike, did you forget your collar stays? I like the suit, but would have worn a white shirt.

12. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

(Like your fit though Org, though I think your proportions are off with jacket/trouser... jacket might be a little long... like a hair or something).

[​IMG] There is no satisfying you people when it comes to jacket length.

Not trying to cause any argument but are bowties in outfits outside of tuxedos considered CBD? I don't mean historically but rather in this day and age. I think in Korea even I'd get reamed for that; despite peak lapels going unnoticed.

Bow ties are CBD in the South.

My office is in the South, by several hundred yards. So the bow is CBD. [​IMG]

13. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Nice, very nice Mike!
    -TTO

Thanks, Theo.

My office is in the South, by several hundred yards. So the bow is CBD. [​IMG]

I would say you are well into the South in KY. The South officially starts between below PA, although try telling people in Louisiana that you are a Southerner, having grown up in Md. [​IMG]

Mike, did you forget your collar stays? I like the suit, but would have worn a white shirt.

No, they are in there. This collar just has a tendency to roll like that. I don't really have a white shirt that I like, I need to add a few good ones.

Mike

14. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

I would say you are well into the South in KY. The South officially starts between below PA, although try telling people in Louisiana that you are a Southerner, having grown up in Md. [​IMG]

Well, I'm only in Kentucky by a few hundred yards--I can see Indiana from my desk.

Kentucky, and especially Louisville, is the black sheep of US regions. Nobody claims it. If you're from the South, Louisville is definitely not the South. if you're from the Midwest, Kentucky is not the Midwest. Etc.

15. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]