CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Mar 11, 2011.

1. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Interesting..you have to really look to see the herringbone.

2. crider8883

crider8883 Well-Known Member

I never wear silk squares and this shoes to court, but when spending the entire day in office I think it's fine.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Personally, I wouldn't wear that suit to court. But, you hopefully know your jury pool better than I do. Looks good though.

3. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

Last chance to wear linen as the leaves are changing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Very nice, PG. Like the new linen. Would like the whole look better with lighter pants.

4. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

I'm seeing far too many collar points...

5. Requiem

Requiem Senior member

Personally, I wouldn't wear that suit to court. But, you hopefully know your jury pool better than I do. Looks good though.

Just out of curiosity, I'm a lawyer in Portugal where jury trials are not common (bellow 3% of all criminal trials, according to the last numbers I remember). Besides, we wear legal garments ("toga" for lawyers, "beca" for judges).

6. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

In essence however I believe true CBD should be transferable. One should be able to go to a meeting in Beijing, lunch in London and dinner in NYC wearing the same clothes; no-one should bat an eye-lid in these meetings, in transit, in the taxis or walking down the pavement (side-walk)

This.

or, [​IMG]

7. stylenooob

stylenooob Well-Known Member

This thread is great but impossible to keep up with. I'm almost 60 pages behind and falling back...

8. kcc

kcc Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A P Johnson coat undoubtedly. MTM?

Love the balance of the coat, its pocket shape and choice of tie fabric & color, but the trouser seems to disrupt the summery tone of the other articles; perhaps a linen, cotton or porous worsted trouser fabric may have been more suitable

9. IronRock

IronRock Senior member

[​IMG]

MoK - you mentioned before you have uneven shoulder issues, in the pic above I we can see that your right shoulder is lower than the left but I also think your left shoulder is forward of the right? Combined with the weight loss, this gives the suit perhaps a bit too much drape? there seem to be divots and 'waves' of cloth where there should be none - at this point I defer to those with considerably more knowledge than me, but in my opinion it does not look quite right.

Despite the minor point above I like this a lot more than the brown offering yesterday and would be very happy to be seen in the same outfit. Handkerchief/pocket placement still seems a bit low or maybe it's just a bit bold for the outfit?

PS - Colchester?

10. cronicmole

cronicmole Senior member

Something around the waist isnt right with your new coats PG

11. IronRock

IronRock Senior member

Very nice, PG. Like the new linen. Would like the whole look better with lighter pants.

+1 but still an awesome coat. Love the tie too!

12. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

A P Johnson coat undoubtedly. MTM?

Love the balance of the coat, its pocket shape and choice of tie fabric & color, but the trouser seems to disrupt the summery tone of the other articles; perhaps a linen, cotton or porous worsted trouser fabric may have been more suitable

I actually like everything about the coat, including the beautiful patch pockets, except the button stance which seems about an 1.5" to high.

13. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

I actually like everything about the coat, including the beautiful patch pockets, except the button stance which seems about an 1.5" to high.

This, plus the lapels could be a touch wider, but I am not complaining. PG keeps slaying.

14. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

[​IMG]

Bright orange as CBD? Not sure about that.

Remind me of:

[​IMG]

15. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Too bold and too casual for me to see this as CBD, but I like it a lot.
    Just out of curiosity, I'm a lawyer in Portugal where jury trials are not common (bellow 3% of all criminal trials, according to the last numbers I remember). Besides, we wear legal garments ("toga" for lawyers, "beca" for judges).
    Interesting I wonder whether the need to don robes is why our Barristers tend to dress much more boldly than our solicitors who don't wear robes?
    MoK - you mentioned before you have uneven shoulder issues, in the pic above I we can see that your right shoulder is lower than the left but I also think your left shoulder is forward of the right? Combined with the weight loss, this gives the suit perhaps a bit too much drape? there seem to be divots and 'waves' of cloth where there should be none - at this point I defer to those with considerably more knowledge than me, but in my opinion it does not look quite right.

Despite the minor point above I like this a lot more than the brown offering yesterday and would be very happy to be seen in the same outfit. Handkerchief/pocket placement still seems a bit low or maybe it's just a bit bold for the outfit?

PS - Colchester?

Thanks yes my right shoulder is naturally sloping, the left is raised and tilted forward by the lump of titanium that holds it together - still the surgeon did a good job - he only expected me to be able to raise my arm to the horizontal, but I can raise it a further 45 degrees even if I can't manage to get it vertical... It doesn't show in all poses/photos and isn't that noticeable in real life, but if and when I go bespoke I'll need to find a tailor talented enough to hide it.

I think the PS is too bold and has rode up too much. I know one UK clothing writer uses a tie pin through the breast pocket to prevent this problem, but I think it has a tendancy to look too affected...

Faversham, Kent