• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have never had fresco trousers, but I meant the hand feel. I think it has plenty of texture and works great as an odd trouser.

View attachment 2201633

Very similar to the 2 ply (250g) in the front of the Drapers Ascot bunch.
IMO very good for summer.

dhizzy

Reaction score
Hi! I have some fit/sizing questions: I normally take a US 38L jacket and 32 trousers. I've tried both size 148 and 150 jackets but am having trouble deciding which is best for me for a conservative business suit. I also need some advice about the trouser sizing.

The 148 is one of the best technically fitting OTR jackets I have ever bought. Has a very natural shoulder line, perfect armhole, a touch of waist suppression with some room in the chest, and the jacket length is spot on. The only alteration needed would be an inch of extra sleeve length. The jacket sits cleanly on the back and shoulders. Literally spot on. I have a sport coat in this size and love it but, because the shoulders fit so close to my natural shoulder line and lack padding, on a business jacket it makes me look a touch too slender and doesn't broaden my shillouette at all, instead accentuating my hips.

The 150 gives me a touch of shoulder extension while still sitting cleanly, but the added room in the armholes, chest, waist, and jacket length are a bit too much and throw off the balance. The shoulders look more masculine but the rest of the jacket is oversized for me. I know a tailor could take the sides in without issue, but the jacket length is also a bit too long.

What is the optimal solution for the jacket? Could a tailor let a 148 out in the back between the shoulder blades to add just a touch of width to the shoulders? Or would it make more sense to go with the 150, slim it down, and live with the added length and lower armholes if I want a traditional business suit with broader shoulders?

With respect to the trousers, I've tried only the Mod 3 trousers in size 48. I have slender legs, but they seemed a bit too narrow in the thighs and seat. Would the Mod 2 in size 50 have more room or fit similarly? I would just have a tailor open up from the knee down to create more of a straight leg and maybe take the waist in a touch.

Swell

Reaction score
Hi! I have some fit/sizing questions: I normally take a US 38L jacket and 32 trousers. I've tried both size 148 and 150 jackets but am having trouble deciding which is best for me for a conservative business suit. I also need some advice about the trouser sizing.

The 148 is one of the best technically fitting OTR jackets I have ever bought. Has a very natural shoulder line, perfect armhole, a touch of waist suppression with some room in the chest, and the jacket length is spot on. The only alteration needed would be an inch of extra sleeve length. The jacket sits cleanly on the back and shoulders. Literally spot on. I have a sport coat in this size and love it but, because the shoulders fit so close to my natural shoulder line and lack padding, on a business jacket it makes me look a touch too slender and doesn't broaden my shillouette at all, instead accentuating my hips.

The 150 gives me a touch of shoulder extension while still sitting cleanly, but the added room in the armholes, chest, waist, and jacket length are a bit too much and throw off the balance. The shoulders look more masculine but the rest of the jacket is oversized for me. I know a tailor could take the sides in without issue, but the jacket length is also a bit too long.

What is the optimal solution for the jacket? Could a tailor let a 148 out in the back between the shoulder blades to add just a touch of width to the shoulders? Or would it make more sense to go with the 150, slim it down, and live with the added length and lower armholes if I want a traditional business suit with broader shoulders?

With respect to the trousers, I've tried only the Mod 3 trousers in size 48. I have slender legs, but they seemed a bit too narrow in the thighs and seat. Would the Mod 2 in size 50 have more room or fit similarly? I would just have a tailor open up from the knee down to create more of a straight leg and maybe take the waist in a touch.
What’s your length and weight? Pics of the fits would help a lot I believe

dhizzy

Reaction score
What’s your length and weight? Pics of the fits would help a lot I believe
Unfortunately I returned them already and forgot to take pictures as I needed to get them back within the 14 day window. I’m 6’3, 160 lbs.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Almost 400 words, when you already conclude the following:

"The 148 is one of the best technically fitting OTR jackets I have ever bought."
(Tongue in cheek, slightly sarcastic albeit friendly tone..)

Mod 3 has 5cm higher rise, and 5cm wider leg, compared to the mod 2.

In general I always prefer to take in, rather than let out.

Perhaps the mod 4 Suit could be a good fit, with slightly heavier canvas and a harder rollino-shoulder. (Available in a blue 180s and a navy herringbone 150s)

DSze9010

Reaction score
Very similar to the 2 ply (250g) in the front of the Drapers Ascot bunch.
IMO very good for summer.

Does the same go for the Cavour Twist that is used for the jackets or is this more a 3 season material?

Edit: just saw they are of different weights and the name is also different ('Summer Twist') ;)

Last edited:

LongGoneDay

Reaction score
How come the Mod 3 trouser is labled as "mid-rise", they look high rise to me?

Skärmklipp.JPG

Last edited:

A.D.

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone have real-life pictures of this jacket?

I wore it today, actually. I’ve found it quite wearable because the colour isn’t in your face at all in my opinion. A favourite.

Also @kevinsvindland, I would love a slightly shorter jacket if that is something you’re considering! Especially jackets in thinner fabrics tend to hit lower on me so losing 2 centimeters or so would be ideal.

Attachments

• IMG_93331.jpeg
    IMG_93331.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_7542.jpeg
    IMG_7542.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 104

hysteria

Reaction score
Would someone who has some familiarity with both the hopsack and mockleno fabrics kindly offer some insights into what differentiates how they wear versus feel?

I'm contemplating the navy hopsack vs mockleno jacket. I can see that there are visual differences but I'm more interested in feel/fit and pros/cons since I'm not very familiar with Mockleno.

hms056

Reaction score
I wore it today, actually. I’ve found it quite wearable because the colour isn’t in your face at all in my opinion. A favourite.

Also @kevinsvindland, I would love a slightly shorter jacket if that is something you’re considering! Especially jackets in thinner fabrics tend to hit lower on me so losing 2 centimeters or so would be ideal.
Thanks, it looks great! I wasn't sure how saturated the yellow was.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeradeaniels