• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New mix and match suiting online now!

Choose between Model-2 and Model-3 trousers, and mix and match jacket and trousers sizes.

Navy Twill
Navy High Twist
Charcoal High Twist

All cloth made to our own spec.

The 'Cavour Twist' is very similar to and inspired by the famed Crispaire from H&S.

large.jpg

MrNestor

Reaction score
Looks great! And the ability to mix and match is perfect for me too.

I recently ordered a suit in size 150, at first I thought the jacket was too large and too long and at the same time the trousers was aaalmost too slim (I need to let out the seam in the groin slightly though for comfort). But after getting used to the jacket I really really like the fit.

I need to ask for fit advice soon if you think I shall take the waist in slightly, it might affect the clean back of the jacket if I do I guess?

A few seasons back size 50 trousers was perfect for me, but this season I have returned so many size 50's that I feel ashamed. Some have been better than others, probably due to sizing tolerances, but most of them were too tight and slim for me. With that in mind I was lucky with the trousers that accompanied the suit jacket, they were good enough.

I have some size 52 trousers on the way from the final sale, maybe they will be my new perfect match!

I am 188 cms long and I'm used to 78 cms long jackets but in suits 80+ is fine I think. You forummembers who are a similar height as me, how long jackets do you wear?

St1X

Reaction score

I recently ordered a suit in size 150, at first I thought the jacket was too large and too long and at the same time the trousers was aaalmost too slim (I need to let out the seam in the groin slightly though for comfort). But after getting used to the jacket I really really like the fit.

I need to ask for fit advice soon if you think I shall take the waist in slightly, it might affect the clean back of the jacket if I do I guess?

A few seasons back size 50 trousers was perfect for me, but this season I have returned so many size 50's that I feel ashamed. Some have been better than others, probably due to sizing tolerances, but most of them were too tight and slim for me. With that in mind I was lucky with the trousers that accompanied the suit jacket, they were good enough.

I have some size 52 trousers on the way from the final sale, maybe they will be my new perfect match!

I am 188 cms long and I'm used to 78 cms long jackets but in suits 80+ is fine I think. You forummembers who are a similar height as me, how long jackets do you wear?
I am 177 and I wear 75 cm long jackets.
Also I wear jackets in size 46 as I like a slim fit, but ordered odd pants in size 48 and they are too low rise and too slim, need to let out every seam.

MrNestor

Reaction score
Just ordered a jacket in size 148 to try out if that is the size for me.

PS. Sorry in advance if I need to return it @kevinsvindland =(

Last edited:

classicoutfits

Reaction score
Hello everyone
What size should I pick from Cavour blazers if I wear 38L contemporary fit from Spier?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Funny how trousers tend to get smaller over the course of a few seasons...😂🍔

MrNestor

Reaction score
Not quite sure I understand why, if a 150 felt good, you would order a 148...?🤔

I could have worded it more clearly.

I mean that the fit of the 150 is good, but maybe not the best.
After wearing it for a few hours and checking myself in the mirror way too many times, I do like the fit a lot and now realise my older jackets have been too tight.

But it is still somewhat boxy on me and needs to be taken in through the waist. I'll snap a picture soon and ask for the forums opinion.

MrNestor

Reaction score
The picture doesn't really convey the amount of room in the waist, it does look good like this.

What do you guys think?

These are the Mod 2 trousers which fit pretty slim on me, I need to take them out in the groinseam, if there is a such a term. I have the Mod 3 trousers in the same cloth and I'll probably use them most of the time with this jacket.

1708600739770.jpeg

PS. Dog as bonus

Rolf

Reaction score
Some of the new stuff looks amazing, and the mix and match on suiting is much welcome. The turquoise blazer however requires some cojones I don’t possess.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The picture doesn't really convey the amount of room in the waist, it does look good like this.

What do you guys think?

These are the Mod 2 trousers which fit pretty slim on me, I need to take them out in the groinseam, if there is a such a term. I have the Mod 3 trousers in the same cloth and I'll probably use them most of the time with this jacket.

View attachment 2136647

PS. Dog as bonus
Jacket looks great and I wouldn't take it in. I imagine the whole outfit will be improved with Mod 3 trousers provided they are let out some from the thigh, knee, and calf to achieve a cleaner trouser line/drape in better harmony with the pictured sportcoat.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good man - enjoy!

What do you guys think?

View attachment 2136647

PS. Dog as bonus
looks good man - enjoy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 76 36.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 79 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.6%

Forum statistics

Threads