• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. Great stuff. The boots look amazing.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What’s the sole on the chukka boot? They look like a good travel boot to me!

It is a pretty versatile shoe, well suited for the colder months. The sole is a crepe Rubber sole.

2F2B371E-8748-4E26-A4CF-6D92177AC1FD.jpeg

nostalgiaultra

Reaction score
Are the shoulders really that wide on the Cavour sport coats? Looks about 2-3cm wider than traditional sizing. Also, chest measurement would be nice.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are the shoulders really that wide on the Cavour sport coats? Looks about 2-3cm wider than traditional sizing. Also, chest measurement would be nice.

View attachment 1261648

I wear a 50 from Attolini, Orazio Luciano, Caruso and Canali. This is a Cavour 50 on me, if that helps to give you an idea of the shoulders.

7C4FC491-12C3-44AE-AB7C-12728F341BEA.jpeg

And I’ll se if I can get my technical colleague to do some magic and put in the chest measurements as well.

nostalgiaultra

Reaction score
I wear a 50 from Attolini, Orazio Luciano, Caruso and Canali. This is a Cavour 50 on me, if that helps to give you an idea of the shoulders.

Good to know. I'm a size 50 in most brands as well. However my sport coats are typically 46-47cm max point to point at the shoulders so your size chart threw me off.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would also love to see more pictures from those who have already tried our jackets.
And maybe somebody would care to chime in on our sizing vs other brands that I may not have hands on experience with.

I know we offer a great value product with a good RTW fit, so any and all help to spread the word will be very much appreciated.

Big-up to @nishant :fistbump:

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the nod @kevinsvindland !

I am a big fan of Cavour jackets ... I take a size 50. I would say it is in the same line as Spier Mackay 40 Contemporary or Jcrew Standard fit or Canali 40. I found Orazio 40/50 as being a hint more generous.

The suits are just tremendous. Being fully canvassed, they are much superior to say J Crew or SM or anything else OTR that matter. No better value for money exists.

The sportcoats tend to run short .. the cashmere coats are a fuller cut. In general, still better than SM in my opinion in practically every aspect but length.
398FA177-1F76-4AD1-BB4D-52AE18A05F29.jpeg

02926B2A-84CF-45BE-BE8F-24889436FB05.jpeg

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 40l spier and Mackay unaltered, 98 suitsupply is a bit thight and 102 a bit loose. Cavour 52 fits me really nice in the shoulders and chest, but is a bit on the short side. Unfortunately, because the jackets are great!

rasmusp

Reaction score
I have a Cavour sports coat in 50 and 50 is my normal size as well (Caruso, Berg&Berg, Ring Jacket, Lardini, Boglioli etc).

Chest fit is amazing. I personally like the extended shoulders. The waist is slim, but less so than my Boglioli jackets. It fits very nicely out of the box, and I don't plan any alterations. The only jacket fitting better out of the box, for me, is the Ring Jacket I also got from Cavour. For the price it's certainly s very, very good jacket!

That being said, I'd love for the sport coats to be a tad longer! Additional bonus points for slightly more interesting buttons, I guess.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear @kevinsvindland,

I just did some browsing in your very nice site, mainly in the men's accessories section, being the only things that I purchase online.

You have an interesting selection for a variety of tastes, however I would like to urge you to incorporate width and length for ties; although the dimension-related information might seem of a lesser importance, I can assure you that to the contrary this information is central to a gentleman's decision!

This was a bona fide suggestion for your potential clientele, SF fellow members, and for Cavour alike.

Finally, please do check your PMs.

Best,

Dimitris

zeddeff

Reaction score
6BDBA634-A909-44DE-B01A-EB9A459C427F.jpeg
Quick pic. Absolutely lovely! Comfortable fit and it came nicely polished. Well done for the great offering Kevin.

A little on the fit:
Width: A little on the wide side. I’m not complaining though — I have wide feet
Sizing: Slightly larger than Meermin/Sons of Henry/Carlos Santos in the same size. I feel like half size down might be too tight but it’s roomy in the current size.
Instep: I have a high instep so I usually have trouble getting my oxfords to lace without a huge gap. This pair of derbies are very accommodating for high insteps.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics