• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

bootyboy

Reaction score
I too received a shipment with one item missing as it was out of stock. I understand inventory management struggles of a small business (especially during a sale like this), but it's a bit odd to learn about it first when opening the package, and not be provided any confirmation to expect a refund. I contacted them about it on Sunday evening (so roughly 4 business days ago), and haven't heard back yet.

Now, that didn't prevent me from ordering again as the prices are incredible right now, and I loved what I did receive. But still... :)
My experience was the opposite as in I received the refund before my order arrived as an item went out of stock. As you said, prices are amazing and I may go back to order a few things.

mrw464

Reaction score
I too received a shipment with one item missing as it was out of stock. I understand inventory management struggles of a small business (especially during a sale like this), but it's a bit odd to learn about it first when opening the package, and not be provided any confirmation to expect a refund. I contacted them about it on Sunday evening (so roughly 4 business days ago), and haven't heard back yet.

Now, that didn't prevent me from ordering again as the prices are incredible right now, and I loved what I did receive. But still... :)
Experiencing something similar. Was missing 1 shirt with a handwritten note on the order that the one shirt would be refunded. Haven't seen the refund yet but it hasn't been long enough for me to feel like reaching out about it

That being said it's not a big deal but I'd be bummed if it happened for a suit or jacket

mattg1027

Reaction score
Experiencing something similar. Was missing 1 shirt with a handwritten note on the order that the one shirt would be refunded. Haven't seen the refund yet but it hasn't been long enough for me to feel like reaching out about it

That being said it's not a big deal but I'd be bummed if it happened for a suit or jacket

Yea, I'm far from panicking or raising a stink, but I could have used some indication that I could expect a refund in the near future.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happened to me on my prev order. Got refund. But on my past order I received an extra jacket (a top model one at that). Of course I returned it using the free return label ;)

chwauters

Reaction score
Similar story here but I am sure it will be solved shortly.

I am super impressed by the home brand shirts and suits' quality - it is all the more unfortunate that the pants remain too tight for me at the calves (ideally I should be wearing a 48 jacket and a 52 pant).

MrAristocat

Reaction score
My experience was the opposite as in I received the refund before my order arrived as an item went out of stock. As you said, prices are amazing and I may go back to order a few things.

Had the same experience just this week - an item from my order turned out to be out of stock (no biggie, happens with larger stores too) and I was refunded before the package arrived, but the information was only provided in writing inside the package.

They also sent me a wrong item in that shipment, but organised a smooth replacement (taking place today). Great guys. The errors are not a problem when the people are very keen and fast to fix them.

I'm now thinking of getting a suit from their own brand. Anyone has experience with their suits? There's a nice hightwist one I'm looking at.

Last edited:

mattg1027

Reaction score
I am super impressed by the home brand shirts and suits' quality - it is all the more unfortunate that the pants remain too tight for me at the calves (ideally I should be wearing a 48 jacket and a 52 pant).

Can that be fixed by a tailor? I'll prob have to look into that myself.

chwauters

Reaction score
I doubt it: there does not appear to have sufficient extra material with the trousers to address the issue.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Can anyone provide any photos of the of the Cavour hightwist suits and/or the mooving suit?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can anyone provide any photos of the of the Cavour hightwist suits and/or the mooving suit?

I believe the ones on our site give a more accurate representation than if I snap an iphone photo in store.

But in general I would love to see how you guys wear our suits "in the wild", so if anyone have any pictures they would like to share, bring em on! :)

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the shirts by Cavour, the cut is awesome!
can you please elaborate? I've been very tempted to order some but cannot quite figure out the fit. As a point of reference, I wear a 15/33 in Brooks Bros ESF/Milano fit and that's as slim as I would ever wear.

Any additional info would be much appreciated!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads