• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

tiedtyper

Reaction score
The Derby Cap Toe / Jumper Boots are on the 234 last, same as our cap toe oxfords. And the Field Boot some are on the 333.
The 234 has a slight chisel on the toe, the 333 is round.

I believe yours are on the rounder 333 last. It says on the bottom left on the box label, if you want to check.

I am not currently in our store that is linked to the online store, so I dont have all the styles here.

Hi Kevin, I'm a long time lurker (on this thread and Styleforum more generally) but I've finally been spurred into posting on behalf of a friend looking at Carlos Santos as his first pair of Goodyear welted shoes.

In particular, I have a quick question about your cap toe Oxfords: what is the difference between the 101492 model and the 101283? Are they on the same last? Is the design at all different? I can't quite tell from the pictures.

Thanks for your help and keep up the great work.

Regards
Ben

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Kevin, I'm a long time lurker (on this thread and Styleforum more generally) but I've finally been spurred into posting on behalf of a friend looking at Carlos Santos as his first pair of Goodyear welted shoes.

In particular, I have a quick question about your cap toe Oxfords: what is the difference between the 101492 model and the 101283? Are they on the same last? Is the design at all different? I can't quite tell from the pictures.

Thanks for your help and keep up the great work.

Regards
Ben

Hi Ben,

Welcome!

They are the same.
234 last with leather sole.

Seems that the article number has been generated twice, on two different deliveries.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy suede bomber! Love the way this jacket came out fitting @kevinsvindland.

369F41E9-E666-4387-98B8-44784307357E.jpeg

tiedtyper

Reaction score
Hi Ben,

Welcome!

They are the same.

Seems that the article number has been generated twice, on two different deliveries.

Much obliged :)
Hi Ben,

Welcome!

They are the same.

Thanks for the helpful response – much appreciated!

easy_golfing

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the field boots on the 316 last one full size down from US during the recent sale. I’m wondering if I should go down an additional half size as they seem a bit roomy with thin socks. With thick socks they are okay.

For reference I have single monks on the 401 last in size 10 that fit great with normal thin socks.

Any thoughts?

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of the field boots on the 316 last one full size down from US during the recent sale. I’m wondering if I should go down an additional half size as they seem a bit roomy with thin socks. With thick socks they are okay.

For reference I have single monks on the 401 last in size 10 that fit great with normal thin socks.

Any thoughts?

I have CS Double Monks (401 last I believe), and Field Boots (316 last) in Size 8.5. In US sizing I'm typically a 9.5/10, or 42.5 EU.

The CS 8.5 fit me equally well for both those pairs I own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads