• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad our DHL champion, Thomas, had them safely delivered to you.

It is indeed a nice pair of boots, and Carlos Santos makes a great product.

All our CS shoes visit the finishing department, where they are applied a light polish.
This can be done to different extents, if the shoe is delivered with a mirror shine, this usually adds some euros to the price.
As with anything else in the factory. All manufacturers are usually able to do different levels of quality and finish.

Like a shoe maker once told me: "If you want more sweet, you need to add more sugar"
Thanks Kevin. I'm wearing my Filed Boots today for the first time and have to say they are very comfortable right out of the box, with some stiffness that is expected, mainly in the upper.

Given we are having some rain here today, I wanted to see how the Danite soles would fair on wet surfaces. So far I'm pretty happy as they have good grip on wet pavement and store floors. I had read some reviews with some reporting Danite soles being slippery on some wet surfaces.

To give the leather some protection I applied one of my favorite waterproofing products for fine leathers and fabrics - Tarrago Nano Protector.

Boots are awesome and look forward to them aging gracefully and gaining more character.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you wrote a few pages back that the last used for the CS oxfords were the 234 one. Can I get a confirmation on that @kevinsvindland also are the boots on the same last or on some other 316(?)

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you wrote a few pages back that the last used for the CS oxfords were the 234 one. Can I get a confirmation on that @kevinsvindland also are the boots on the same last or on some other 316(?)
Of course @kevinsvindland will need to confirm, but I"m pretty sure the Field Boots as I just ordered, are on the 234 last. Curiously, the CS store does not have a boot with that name, but I believe this one they call the "Lace Up Boot" is the same model with a waffle lug sole instead of Danite.
https://santosshoes.com/product/lace-up-boots-4/

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The Derby Cap Toe / Jumper Boots are on the 234 last, same as our cap toe oxfords. And the Field Boot some are on the 333.
The 234 has a slight chisel on the toe, the 333 is round.

Of course @kevinsvindland will need to confirm, but I"m pretty sure the Field Boots as I just ordered, are on the 234 last. Curiously, the CS store does not have a boot with that name, but I believe this one they call the "Lace Up Boot" is the same model with a waffle lug sole instead of Danite.
https://santosshoes.com/product/lace-up-boots-4/

I believe yours are on the rounder 333 last. It says on the bottom left on the box label, if you want to check.

I am not currently in our store that is linked to the online store, so I dont have all the styles here.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Derby Cap Toe / Jumper Boots are on the 234 last, same as our cap toe oxfords. And the Field Boot some are on the 333.
The 234 has a slight chisel on the toe, the 333 is round.

I believe yours are on the rounder 333 last. It says on the bottom left on the box label, if you want to check.

I am not currently in our store that is linked to the online store, so I dont have all the styles here.

Just checked my box. 316 last on my Field Boots.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More new ties in action:
97DA1BFD-1206-49FE-B87B-F9C8735DBBF2.jpeg
3F935A24-8B88-41C1-BD99-36AADC92AB00.jpeg

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lighting is absolute crap due to a storm but I told @kevinsvindland I would post some for pics of the suit I picked up. I will also put a better fit on with this but I wanted to get these up quickly.

Very little alterations we necessary, like letting the seat out a bit and bringing the sleeve length up and add cuffs. But otherwise I’m extremely happy with it and it is one of the most comfortable suits I own now.

9026C0CB-6C26-48C4-A3A5-3AF2065AA573.jpeg
ECB79381-7106-482D-AE0D-6C8572A68D30.jpeg
7551C613-4909-4A8F-9C0B-669DABD98F58.jpeg

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it is the photos, but the suits appear to be very slim fitting. Trousers in particular.

It is definitely on the slimmer side, perhaps in the future I’d have the option of getting a size of the trousers one size up.

But it’s not too slim to be uncomfortable, for me at least.

smc558

Reaction score
Just received my CS Field Boots yesterday as promised, thanks to the great Cavour team and DHL!

The boots are stunning. As my second pair of CS I now am gaining an appreciation for why Parisian Gentleman's past review predicted a "glorious future" for CS.

Which ones did you go for?

D4rK

Reaction score
Perhaps it is the photos, but the suits appear to be very slim fitting. Trousers in particular.
Probably its the photos, the suit is not that slim, i own 2 of these badboys now.

My Ring Jacket suit for example, is a few cm slimmer over the waist. Shoulders are quite similar.
My trousers are 18.5 footwidth, I also had to adjust the waist abit, runs abit tight luckily there is 6-7cm extra fabric inside for adjustments.
Overarm are generous and the armhole quite high, not as high as my Caruso (Aida model) or Ring jacket, but its good.
For this price, I would say its a good deal.

Do you guys know other brands making full canvas suits in this price range?
Everything i find from Caruso, Canali, Cornileani etc are 1200€ and above.
Maybe you @kevinsvindland have some control over your 'competition' ?

/D

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Probably its the photos, the suit is not that slim, i own 2 of these badboys now.

My Ring Jacket suit for example, is a few cm slimmer over the waist. Shoulders are quite similar.
My trousers are 18.5 footwidth, I also had to adjust the waist abit, runs abit tight luckily there is 6-7cm extra fabric inside for adjustments.
Overarm are generous and the armhole quite high, not as high as my Caruso (Aida model) or Ring jacket, but its good.
For this price, I would say its a good deal.

Do you guys know other brands making full canvas suits in this price range?
Everything i find from Caruso, Canali, Cornileani etc are 1200€ and above.
Maybe you @kevinsvindland have some control over your 'competition' ?

/D

Very glad to hear that you like our badboys.

Also happy to hear that our suits are in rotation with the other brands you mention.
As for the prices, I really dont know of any fully canvassed made in italy suits in this pricerange.
The only one I can think of is the Jort line from Suitsupply, but they are not made in Italy. And I have never tried one.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very glad to hear that you like our badboys.

Also happy to hear that our suits are in rotation with the other brands you mention.
As for the prices, I really dont know of any fully canvassed made in italy suits in this pricerange.
The only one I can think of is the Jort line from Suitsupply, but they are not made in Italy. And I have never tried one.

I must have missed it. So Cavour suits starting this season are all full canvas?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads