• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even halfway around the world. You guys are awesome!

Totally agree! I just ordered a pair of Carlos Santos yesterday with the new promotion, and I just received a DHL shipping notification that they should be delivered to me by end of day Monday. Fantastic attention to service guys.

Richard __G

Reaction score
I ordered the AW18 brown houndstooth jacket, the AW18 navy hopsack jacket and the AW18 POW flannel suit. I’m usually a pretty straight forward 48, so all of them was ordered in 48.

I was impressed when I received the products (this was my first experience with the Cavour brand and Cavour store, except from buying some Common projects sneakers from them earlier).

The brown houndstooth jacket was great straight from the box. However, the navy hopsack was broader across the shoulders and roomier in general than the other jacket. The POW flannel suit was even wider in the shoulders and even roomier. I didn´t even bother putting on the POW suit pants, as I knew I would have to return the suit.

As I live in Oslo, I opted to meet up in person instead of just returning the items. I exchanged the 48 navy hopsack jacket for a 46, which was a much better fit in the shoulders. But I will probably have to let it out a bit in the waist. The POW suit jacket was also a better fit in 46, but I didn't even bother trying to button the pants in size 46. They were just not my size, and the Cavour representative didn't want to split suits.

So, to sum up:
- The brown houndstooth jacket was a great purchase. The fit was great straight from the box and I firmly believe this is great value for money.
- The navy hopsack was exchanged in a smaller size, and I will have to make some minor adjustments to the garment I will keep. I'm still glad I bought it, and with the adjustments I'm confident it will be a go-to garment.
- The POW suit was too large. I returned mine.

Last edited:

zr3rs

Reaction score
What is the size of the Cavour ties? Nice designs...

D4rK

Reaction score
I ordered the AW18 brown houndstooth jacket, the A218 navy hopsack jacket and the AW18 POW flannel suit. I’m usually a pretty straight forward 48, so all of them was ordered in 48.

I was impressed when I received the products (this was my first experience with the Cavour brand and Cavour store, except from buying some Common projects sneakers from them earlier).

The brown houndstooth jacket was great straight from the box. However, the navy hopsack was broader across the shoulders than what I would expect and roomier in general. The POW flannel suit was even wider in the shoulders and way roomier. I didn´t even bother putting on the POW suit pants, as I knew I would have to return the suit.

As I live in Oslo, I opted to meet up in person instead of just returning the items. I exchanged the 48 navy hopsack jacket for a 46, which was a much better fit in the shoulders and the back. I was a bit surprised by this, as I have never bought a 46 in my life. The fit was much better, but I still willl probably have to let it out a bit in the waist. The POW suit jacket was also a better fit in 46, but I didn't even bother trying to button the pants in size 46. They were just not my size, and the Cavour representative didn't want to split suits.

So, to sum up:
- The brown houndstooth jacket was a great purchase. The fit was great straight from the box and I firmly believe this is great value for money.
- The navy hopsack was exchanged in a smaller size, and I will still have to make some minor adjustments to the garment I will keep. I'm still glad I bought it, and with the adjustments I'm confident it will be a go-to garment.
- The POW doesn't fit TTS. I wish it did. I returned mine.

Intresting,
Please provide us with photos of the diffrence if possible :)
Also, just out of curiosity, what suits fits you good off the rack?
I have the jacket and a suit in the same size with minor alterations.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A25E4B0C-5C9D-418F-981F-5DCDBB604762.jpeg
BE0DE7F4-6203-4E3B-BA07-33446CC2B9B8.jpeg
Still some good sizes left in our Carlos Santos sale.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally agree! I just ordered a pair of Carlos Santos yesterday with the new promotion, and I just received a DHL shipping notification that they should be delivered to me by end of day Monday. Fantastic attention to service guys.

Just received my CS Field Boots yesterday as promised, thanks to the great Cavour team and DHL!

The boots are stunning. As my second pair of CS I now am gaining an appreciation for why Parisian Gentleman's past review predicted a "glorious future" for CS.

@kevinsvindland can you provide any information about the finishing process from CS' factory for their non-patina leathers? I assume they apply a coat of polish in final production?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just received my CS Field Boots yesterday as promised, thanks to the great Cavour team and DHL!

The boots are stunning. As my second pair of CS I now am gaining an appreciation for why Parisian Gentleman's past review predicted a "glorious future" for CS.

@kevinsvindland can you provide any information about the finishing process from CS' factory for their non-patina leathers? I assume they apply a coat of polish in final production?

Glad our DHL champion, Thomas, had them safely delivered to you.

It is indeed a nice pair of boots, and Carlos Santos makes a great product.

All our CS shoes visit the finishing department, where they are applied a light polish.
This can be done to different extents, if the shoe is delivered with a mirror shine, this usually adds some euros to the price.
As with anything else in the factory. All manufacturers are usually able to do different levels of quality and finish.

Like a shoe maker once told me: "If you want more sweet, you need to add more sugar"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads