• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kalufsen

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin.

The size chart link does not work for me, hence my questions. Also, I tried a different browser and it worked only on 1 item.

For someone who has already had to return an item due to lack of measurements, this is a vital piece of information to help ensure future orders. I'm sure others will agree. I hope you can address this!

1.JPG

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Certainly, we are working on a new and better site as we speak. Where we aim to improve this part in particular.
Good measurements makes the process easier for everyone. We appreciate your feedback, and rest assured it is a priority on our new site.

For now we'll do our best to provide the measurements needed upon requests.

Please bear with us for a little while, and keep in mind that we are currently three guys doing everything. (We know shoes and clothing fairly well, but noen of us have a degree in computer science..)

Send your sizing questions to [email protected], and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though my suit was returned I have to give my thanks to the Cavour team and especially Sebastian who took the time to phone me and consult on the fit pics and giving me tips on what to think of next time I order a suit from Cavour. I understand that you have had a lot to do and taking the time to call and chat with a costumer that intended to return an item really shows how great you guys are. I will most definitely buy my next suit from you.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Even though my suit was returned I have to give my thanks to the Cavour team and especially Sebastian who took the time to phone me and consult on the fit pics and giving me tips on what to think of next time I order a suit from Cavour. I understand that you have had a lot to do and taking the time to call and chat with a costumer that intended to return an item really shows how great you guys are. I will most definitely buy my next suit from you.

Thanks for your kind words!
I’ll make sure to let Sebastian know.

We really appreciate your support.

And when you see the new suits we have lined up for this season, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Kochegar

Reaction score
Hi Kevin!
What about to get adelaides/quarter oxfords in polo or medium brown suede?
With soft chiseled 234 last and Dainite sole. Perfect for spring.

Loake Trinity:
27073178_1424694300990894_6735709476007785892_n.jpg

Carmina Adelaide polo suede
SRA2lv5.jpg

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland -- What is the length on the Cavour jackets in 52? That linen tweed is tempting.

1/2 Chest:49
Shoulder:42
1/2 Waist:48
CB Length:74

1/2 Chest: 51cm
Cross Shoulder: 44 cm
Waist: 50 cm
CB Length: 75 cm

1/2 Chest: 53cm
Cross Shoulder: 46 cm
Waist: 52 cm
CB Length: 76 cm

1/2 Chest: 55cm
Cross Shoulder: 48 cm
Waist: 54 cm
CB Length: 77 cm

1/2 Chest: 57cm
Cross Shoulder: 49 cm
Waist: 56 cm
CB Length: 78 cm

1/2 Chest: 59cm
Cross Shoulder: 50 cm
Waist: 58 cm
CB Length: 79 cm

steveoly

Reaction score
Regarding the size chart, I found it works if you select Euro instead of USD for currency.
Thanks Kevin.

The size chart link does not work for me, hence my questions. Also, I tried a different browser and it worked only on 1 item.

For someone who has already had to return an item due to lack of measurements, this is a vital piece of information to help ensure future orders. I'm sure others will agree. I hope you can address this!

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Kevin!
What about to get adelaides/quarter oxfords in polo or medium brown suede?
With soft chiseled 234 last and Dainite sole. Perfect for spring.

Loake Trinity:
27073178_1424694300990894_6735709476007785892_n.jpg

Carmina Adelaide polo suede
SRA2lv5.jpg

Could work. But sounds more like a fall option with dainite soles, no?

We currently have the style you describe, only in plain leather. And the dainite sole makes it look quite heavy.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the size chart, I found it works if you select Euro instead of USD for currency.
the size chart doesn't tell much useful information - exact measurements will always be the best guide for anyone to make a purchase.

This is what the size guide shows when I select Euro as the currency:
CLOTHING SIZE GUIDE
International S M L XL XXL
Shirts (EU)
37 – 38 39 – 40 41 – 42 43 – 44 45 – 46
Suits, Jackets, Outwear (EU) 46 48 – 50 52 54 56 – 58
Suits, Jackets, Outwear (UK) 36 36 – 40 42 44 46 – 48

steveoly

Reaction score
When you're viewing the actual product, like a pair of Rota Trousers there's a
"Size Guide" link below "Add to Cart".
the size chart doesn't tell much useful information - exact measurements will always be the best guide for anyone to make a purchase.

This is what the size guide shows when I select Euro as the currency:
CLOTHING SIZE GUIDE
International S M L XL XXL
Shirts (EU)
37 – 38 39 – 40 41 – 42 43 – 44 45 – 46
Suits, Jackets, Outwear (EU) 46 48 – 50 52 54 56 – 58
Suits, Jackets, Outwear (UK) 36 36 – 40 42 44 46 – 48

Capture.JPG

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friends.........we need full measurements for all products for this to be a great shopping experience, period. I cannot spend money based on guesswork. I hope Kevin will address this in the revamped website design.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, Cavour has great products but nobody is willing to pay full prices because of the lack of descriptions. Nobody even knows the fabrics are Loro Pianas and made in Italy which make a huge difference. That's aside from the missing measurements and fabric compositions. For instance the Linen Tweed I posted is actually 71% wool + some silk and little linen. Also true colors of like the blue herringbone linen.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My friends.........we need full measurements for all products for this to be a great shopping experience, period. I cannot spend money based on guesswork. I hope Kevin will address this in the revamped website design.

The new site will be MUCH better.
We just hired a house photographer to get all colors right. Just give us a little while and I’ll let you know when it is time to pass judgement on our new creation. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads