• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I talked about the new high rise model.

I have the high rise and like them a lot, I found them to be a bit longer than expected but since they are selvedge, I wear them cuffed. The front/back rise balance is very good and they fit nice in the hip, seat and thigh, not saggy nor too slim - overall I find them very comfortable.

I did size down by two sizes on these (vs the size I take in the Mod 2/3 trouser). I'll share full fit photos soon.

Marshak

Reaction score
I have the high rise and like them a lot, I found them to be a bit longer than expected but since they are selvedge, I wear them cuffed. The front/back rise balance is very good and they fit nice in the hip, seat and thigh, not saggy nor too slim - overall I find them very comfortable.

I did size down by two sizes on these (vs the size I take in the Mod 2/3 trouser). I'll share full fit photos soon.

Thanks for the feedback. Interesting you chose to size down. Is the waist measurement TTS? Waiting for the pics.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a small matter to some, but is it not common practice to include a hanger, let alone a size appropriate hanger, for suit and jacket orders? I'm missing one from the my latest jacket order, while a previous Dalcuore suit order came with a fantastic, Dalcuore-branded hanger... that was about 5 sizes too small.

Mirage-

Reaction score
Some new bits from Cavour today. Wearing the new Mod 3 trousers which I have to say are a very welcome update from the Mod2.

Previously with the Mod 2 I was able to get a fairly good fit by sizing up, taking in the waist and widening the legs thanks to the generous seam allowance that Cavour include.

Cavour have addressed all of this on the new Mod 3 cut, a true high rise with a fuller hip and leg. I have sized up again on the advice of Kevin, but the front/back rise is now 32/48cm vs 29.5/43cm on the Mod 2. The waist however is not as large as I thought it would be (my natural waist measures 33" after a good meal) and the 52 is still wearable with side tabs full engaged - not sure I’ll bother taking the waist in.

Made up in the 320g Minnis Fresco which is so good, I might just have to go back and get the light grey pair too.

Paired here with a Mod 2 jacket in a Delfino green tonal windowpane wool, silk linen blend. Size is my usual EU50 with no alterations made.

View attachment 1966547 View attachment 1966545 View attachment 1966549 View attachment 1966551 View attachment 1966553 View attachment 1966555 View attachment 1966557 View attachment 1966559

Mod 3 looks so much more balanced, particularly in the leg line, but also the pleat now has more room to end less abruptly somehow, seems more natural. Can't wait to try it.
I'm really hoping Kevin sells enough of them to justify a larger run, particularly as I don't really wear high-twist much.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When does the mid-season sale typically hit?

It also appears "welcome15" is no longer working. Was that only intended to operate for a period of time?

Last edited:

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another combo with my latest Cavour jacket

F621C21D-2C26-4F7D-800A-4696850D7618.jpeg
AD98AE3B-43AD-42B3-8F3B-B8FF202E0FB8.jpeg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Is the birdseye suit 3-4 season weight, you think?

A.D.

Reaction score
Perhaps a small matter to some, but is it not common practice to include a hanger, let alone a size appropriate hanger, for suit and jacket orders? I'm missing one from the my latest jacket order, while a previous Dalcuore suit order came with a fantastic, Dalcuore-branded hanger... that was about 5 sizes too small.

I've definitely had that with one or two on-sale jackets.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Is the birdseye suit 3-4 season weight, you think?

Yes, I would say so

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads