• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New DB Seersucker Suit

D138B820-966C-4487-9B4D-D48104226CA4.jpeg

Rolf

Reaction score
Purchased a pair of the Mod 2 single pleat baby cord trousers. Web page says 100% cotton, but the tag says dry clean only and 98% cotton, 2% elastase. Starter altering them as soon as I got them, but I find removing the marks after letting them out leaves is best removed via washing. Would you advise against 30c wash Kevin? If yes, best tip to remove as much of the marks letting them out leaves?

Lovely news so far this season, awaiting the new trouser model and can’t wait to try the new long fit for blazers (and hopefully suits as well at one point?).

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Purchased a pair of the Mod 2 single pleat baby cord trousers. Web page says 100% cotton, but the tag says dry clean only and 98% cotton, 2% elastase. Starter altering them as soon as I got them, but I find removing the marks after letting them out leaves is best removed via washing. Would you advise against 30c wash Kevin? If yes, best tip to remove as much of the marks letting them out leaves?

Lovely news so far this season, awaiting the new trouser model and can’t wait to try the new long fit for blazers (and hopefully suits as well at one point?).

Probably a copywriting glitch then.

We cant reccommend washing them in the machine, due to the construction of the insides.
Also really dont reccommend taking cotton fabrics out, for this particular reason.

However, speaking as me on a a day off, not representing the company: Sure 30 degree gentle cycle machine wash works just fine. And should add enough overall patina for the marks to be less noticable.

Glad you like the news so far, plenty yet to come!
New trousers should be up soon, along with new jeans.

Long sizes will be presented for FW23.

zurich64

Reaction score

I can confirm that washing at 20C at wool cycle was not a problem with these cord trousers (or actually any trousers I have bought from Cavour made in cotton, linen, or wool).

Rolf

Reaction score
Looks great!

Is the length reduced by 10cm? Will be hard to get 2inch turn ups for those of us with longer than average inseam.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is the sizing meant to be much different from Mod3 to Mod 2? i'm looking at the waist size, and a 50 for mod3 correlates with a 48 in mod2.

Model 3 is higher rise, so the waist measurement is a little slimmer, as it sits above the hips.

Just increasing the rise, without balancing the waist, would make the wiast disproportionally big.

Overall it fits true to EU/IT sizing, but with a higher rise and wider leg compared to Model 2

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads