• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

jsong812

Reaction score
Question regarding the new high twist suits that are 240g. Any concerns with how this would drape considering how light the fabric is?

Faroe65

Reaction score
240g and high twist combined sounds like a perfect travel suit for me.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland, will there additional discount for Friday? Also, can you confirm if the below coat is made in China? Because that would mean 40% duty for me :(

Also, looking for feedback on size if anyone has the Cavour Double Breasted Coat: https://cavour.co/en/product/7423/mod-2-double-breasted-herringbone-overcoat

How do they fit? I'm not looking to wear it over a sportcoat all the time, mostly will be shirt and sweater underneath and I take 38 in jacket size usually. Should I go for the same here or size up?

Sorry for my late reply, Black friday weekend turned out to be a rather busy one..

The coat is made in China.

Our general fit advice is to get the same size as you woud in a jacket. The Model 2 overcoats are scaled to fit on top of a jacket in the same size.

GoldenBrahms

Reaction score
Couldn't resist - ended up ordering the British Glencheck Jacket in Green as opposed to a Green Birdseye from a competitor. The pattern is very elegant and understated, and at the discounted Black Friday price I almost feel as though I'm robbing you.

Very excited to see how it fits!

Camerashy

Reaction score
BE AWARE
just returned a jacket from the U.K. to Cavour using an UPS Access Point
when the item was scanned in, it asked for 3 copies of the invoice to be included in the plastic pocket attached to the outside of the box. Since I said that only one copy had been included the parcel was rejected and it referred me to the UPS website
There is no mention of copy numbers on the return instructions from Cavour so whether this is something specific to the U.K. rather than Worldwide I don’t know, but something to be aware of.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
BE AWARE
when the item was scanned in, it asked for 3 copies of the invoice to be included in the plastic pocket attached to the outside of the box. Since I said that only one copy had been included the parcel was rejected and it referred me to the UPS website
There is no mention of copy numbers on the return instructions from Cavour so whether this is something specific to the U.K. rather than Worldwide I don’t know, but something to be aware of.
It's the same when returning items with UPS to Suitsupply from Norway. It's a UPS thing.

archipel

Reaction score
BE AWARE

I had the same problem. Had to take my package back and add the copies. The box I received did not have a plastic pocket, which means that I had to create something myself. If I can give a point of improvement, it would be nice to have a plastic pocket on the shipments that need to have the invoices when returned.

Camerashy

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Had to take my package back and add the copies. The box I received did not have a plastic pocket, which means that I had to create something myself. If I can give a point of improvement, it would be nice to have a plastic pocket on the shipments that need to have the invoices when returned.

fortunately my parcel came with a plastic pocket but had to carefully open it up in order not to wreck it

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my local DHL driver noticed i kept getting shipments from clothing companies and also that i was making outbound return shipments sometimes, and asked politely if I owned a shop or something, so I explained i had a blog / am an enthusiast. he asked for suit advice. i gave him my website info. and then he gave me a bunch of those plastic pockets (which are unbranded!).
so, guys, just make friends with your delivery guy. easy peasy :-D

StartingStyle

Reaction score
my local DHL driver noticed i kept getting shipments from clothing companies and also that i was making outbound return shipments sometimes, and asked politely if I owned a shop or something, so I explained i had a blog / am an enthusiast. he asked for suit advice. i gave him my website info. and then he gave me a bunch of those plastic pockets (which are unbranded!).
so, guys, just make friends with your delivery guy. easy peasy :-D
All our delivery guys get some chocolate and tip for Christmas as they are always so kind 🎅🏽

zurich64

Reaction score
Nah, you just need to be starring in a glamorous film as a middle-aged Neapolitan failed writer now living the mundane nightlife of Rome while becoming increasingly disillusioned about everything and anything...

Still, I kind of fancied the red one. I think that was a bit more wearable, though I would still probably only pair it with white linen trousers, in summer, just like the original inspiration. Except that's useless because summer in Rome is so miserably hot and humid (yes even at night time) that I'm not going to wear any jacket.
Jackets look nice but with warmer weather in summer in most of Europe, only the unlined jackets seem to work for me from May to September. This year I carried around a few different jackets for travel in Spain, France, Italy, and the USA from May to August and none of the lined jackets (cotton, wool, linen, or mixed) worked. One needs to take the jacket off most of the time, especially if one is walking.

The unlined cashmere blazer from Cabour was the coolest along with one or two unlined wool/linen hopsack spoart coats.

@kevinsvindland try to have a few unlined sportscoats next season, with the warm weather being a constant thing every year, garments that wear cooler in spring to fall are more versatile.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads