• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland have you thought about making an overcoat with a down-filled liner/membrane?
I tried one on years ago (think it was Herno) and it was amazing! I regret not buying it ever since 🥲

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland have you thought about making an overcoat with a down-filled liner/membrane?
I tried one on years ago (think it was Herno) and it was amazing! I regret not buying it ever since 🥲

We had one in a previous collection. And might do another one next fall, if we find nice and suitable fabrics.

Also often found in Herno and Aspesi collections.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Kevin, are you expecting to release any house brand oatmeal jackets?

Looking at this Orazio Luciano beauty - the shade of oatmeal is just right - but honestly the price of that is quite near bespoke jacket levels - which does kind of defeat the purpose.

1664813449887.png

Last edited:

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Kevin, are you expecting to release any house brand oatmeal jackets?

Looking at this Orazio Luciano beauty - the shade of oatmeal is just right - but honestly the price of that is quite near bespoke jacket levels - which does kind of defeat the purpose.

View attachment 1839338

There are no oatmeal jackets in our collection this season.

I see your point of view, however, will light this torch: If really good RTW fits you, it kinda defeats the purpose of bespoke, no?

This pattern from Orazio Luciano is pure 90s Kiton heritage. Surely worth an extra penny if you are into these things.

Edit: Also, a Kiton jacket today, costs about 120% more than this one does.🤷🏻‍♂️

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland about how many cm in-lay is there in the side seams on your jackets to let them out?
I have a friend I'm helping reboot his tailored wardrobe and am considering having him order one of your house jackets to try—the shoulders should be great in his size, and if we can let out the side seams, I think it might work well otherwise, but just depends on the allowance built in.

thanks in advance!

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland about how many cm in-lay is there in the side seams on your jackets to let them out?
I have a friend I'm helping reboot his tailored wardrobe and am considering having him order one of your house jackets to try—the shoulders should be great in his size, and if we can let out the side seams, I think it might work well otherwise, but just depends on the allowance built in.

thanks in advance!

Great idea!

A few cm on each side, and the same in the center seam.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great idea!

A few cm on each side, and the same in the center seam.
Sweet, thanks. We found an Isaia jacket locally that had a perfect fit in the shoulders, but it was their super slim Cortina model with zero inlay in the seams. But he fell in love with it. He loved the spalla camicia and could tell the difference from the American brands he's bought in the past. so i'm looking for jackets with a similar shoulder stance and Italian details, but with a more generous fit. I'm also considering Orazio (and tbh if I were more certain about those Dalcuore jackets you have, it's his size that's still in stock; I just don't want him to pay the import duties if they don't work out).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads