• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

TheSmallPotato

Reaction score
"Where is Cavour Made In" still brings out their journal article boasting how they are made in Italy, even though their production has already shifted to China for over half a year. I'm guessing their reluctance to delete or revise that article, or in fact document anywhere in their website that they are now made in China, tells me they don't want to be transparent about being associated with MiC.

I love all my Cavour goods. I enjoy all of my previous purchases but it's a punch in a gut that they've chosen to walk down the MiC path. There will be some of us who doesn't care where it's made as long as the quality is still there, and there are others who absolutely values the country of origin.

Last edited:

Zc94

Reaction score
"Where is Cavour Made In" still brings out their journal article boasting how they are made in Italy, even though their production has already shifted to China for over half a year. I'm guessing their reluctance to delete or revise that article, or in fact document anywhere in their website that they are now made in China, tells me they don't want to be transparent about being associated with MiC.

I love all my Cavour goods. I enjoy all of my previous purchases but it's a punch in a gut that they've chosen to walk down the MiC path. There will be some of us who doesn't care where it's made as long as the quality is still there, and there are others who absolutely values the country of origin.
I remember you’ve already said plenty enough back in May, and we know that you’ve moved on to other brands…you even said “Best of luck to your future endeavors!” then why the **** do you come back here just to leave another bitchy comment…

Did you not mean it when you wished them best of luck? Kinda hypocritical…

I’m all about MiC

TheSmallPotato

Reaction score
Greater transparency improves the brand image and I am sure everyone appreciates that. Just look at the posts above about import tariffs. If Kevin decided that moving his production to China is best for his business, then their website should reflect that truth. To have an article that continues to tout all garments are made in Italy becomes deceptive, inadvertently or not.

I like Cavour and deep inside I’m rooting for them. I’d be happy to buy from them again if it’s not MiC, hence I follow them. Which part of it is hypocritical?

Last edited:

DonNick94

Reaction score
I agree with the small potato.
Cavour must be more clear of which products are made in China, Turkey, Italy, Bulgaria etc because the prices are too high for a MiC blazer for example.

Lets say that someone is not a member in SF community and does not know that cavour's production moved in china for a half a year. He will pay 900euros for a made in Italy blazer that was made in china.

Why not buying from spier or suitsupply that are widely known as MiC and with very good fabrics with half of price ?

Last edited:

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Woody.jpg

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received this jacket, the wool/cashmere navy herringbone:

1664452465557.png

I really don't care where it's been made because it's fantastic. The choice of cloth is perfect - deep, dark, inky navy. I've been looking for something like this for a long time. It's not too heavy either so will be wearable well into early summer I think here in the UK.

The fit is the same as all the rest of my jackets if not slightly better (the armhole is ever so slightly higher maybe but I could be imagining it).

leapyourbar

Reaction score
Wow, I literally just came here to post a pic of my belted raglan jacket....lmfao.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Hi Kevin, is there a difference between the cloth on this year's 100 Hands OCBDs and last year's? I bought the white and blue last season and they have been amazing so wanted to double down on the white. It just arrived but the cloth feels a bit lighter and more dressy almost. Could you tell me if they are indeed different?

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received this jacket, the wool/cashmere navy herringbone:

View attachment 1837777

I really don't care where it's been made because it's fantastic. The choice of cloth is perfect - deep, dark, inky navy. I've been looking for something like this for a long time. It's not too heavy either so will be wearable well into early summer I think here in the UK.

The fit is the same as all the rest of my jackets if not slightly better (the armhole is ever so slightly higher maybe but I could be imagining it).
Similar to the 2020 version, a beautiful, crunchy Loro Piana wool!
88D799F2-7613-41CE-A105-31F32E437488.jpeg

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I literally just came here to post a pic of my belted raglan jacket....lmfao.
Post it anyway, mate!

Hopefully we’ve all gotten that political BS out of the way and can now return to posting fit pics, and asking Kev dumb questions about clothes 🤣

Jason12

Reaction score
the cashmere jackets and loro piana coats look great. My favourites have to be the baby blue favola jacket and green marling check though. Not sold on the cargo flannels but they could be an interesting part of a casual workwear wadrdrobe

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads