• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

shoewarma

Reaction score
I did not notice any weed or chemical smell in several jackets/suits that came recently, including the cashmere hopsack. Smell noticed by others could come from courier and storage during transport. Maybe there is a country-specific link?
Same. I also got the same blazer and did not notice a weed smell on it.

Since the blazer is fresh in the discussion, is this fabric prone to pilling/fuzzing? I know some cashmere will pill easily, but I'm not experienced with cashmere in a hopsack weave.

ant922599

Reaction score
Any feedback on whether the Cavour Sartoria line cotton or linen shirts are expected to shrink 1-2cm around waist and chest after cold wash and hang dry and whether to account for that when choosing a size, or do they already include a little bit of extra fabric to account for that?
Late reply and apologies if this has already been commented-on (working through this thread from oldest to newest)...

Yes - expect shrinkage in the chest - at least that has been my experience when washed even at 30°.

I started with loads of 38" Sartoria shirts, but am having to gradually replace them with 39".

Either way - great shirts and a strong recommend.

ant922599

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland

Hi Kevin - could you give a bit of a guide to the London 'store'.

I've thought to call so many times when I'm in London, but it never seemed totally clear what to do and how it would work given it is, I understand, by appointment only?

Apologies if this seems obvious - but any pointers would help.

Thanks v much

hysteria

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland

I've thought to call so many times when I'm in London, but it never seemed totally clear what to do and how it would work given it is, I understand, by appointment only?

Thanks v much
Would be curiosu about this too since I will be in London next month.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zurich64

Reaction score
Same. I also got the same blazer and did not notice a weed smell on it.

Since the blazer is fresh in the discussion, is this fabric prone to pilling/fuzzing? I know some cashmere will pill easily, but I'm not experienced with cashmere in a hopsack weave.
I have regular cashmere jackets and an overcoat, pilling is nothing to worry about. No experience with cashmere hopsack, but I expect it not to be as hard-wearing based on regular wool hopsack jackets. It feels nice though, will start wearing it soon once it is back from the tailor.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland

Thanks v much
Hi,

Pandemic got the best of our London showroom, so it is sadly no more.

ant922599

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland how much will the new shoes retail for?
Been checking and the prices are up there now - between £740 and £790, depending on model.

Looks to be great value and I'm definitely considering a pair...

A fit guide to the last (perhaps by comparing to some other brands/lasts) would be particularly helpful though - I'd rather not buy and return if they aren't likely to work in the first place.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Been checking and the prices are up there now - between £740 and £790, depending on model.

Looks to be great value and I'm definitely considering a pair...

A fit guide to the last (perhaps by comparing to some other brands/lasts) would be particularly helpful though - I'd rather not buy and return if they aren't likely to work in the first place.

Pretty comparable to Saint Crispins Classic last, but with a little more space in the instep.

Both lasts sit close on the heel, and have good arch support.

General fit advice is to take your usual UK size.
(I wear the same size as I do in EG 82, StC Classic, C&J 325)

The difference between K and S lasts is mainly the toe shape.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanna say the model 2 is an awesome jacket model and I love mine; and also I would advocate that extending the shoulders a little would be an improvement. I think these two images side by side—Model 2 and Ring Jacket on the same person in the same exact pose—show the benefits of an extended shoulder.
Obviously, one could say, if you want extended shoulders, then get the Ring Jacket! Haha. But I also do appreciate the specifically Neapolitan design of the Cavour model 2 and also RJ's fabrics are sometimes strange.

img-9155-2.jpg
img-5351-2.jpg

Last edited:

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just wanna say the model 2 is an awesome jacket model and I love mine; and also I would advocate that extending the shoulders a little would be an improvement. I think these two images side by side—Model 2 and Ring Jacket on the same person in the same exact pose—show the benefits of an extended shoulder.
Obviously, one could say, if you want extended shoulders, then get the Ring Jacket! Haha. But I also do appreciate the specifically Neapolitan design of the Cavour model 2 and also RJ's fabrics are sometimes strange.

View attachment 1822896 View attachment 1822897

Haha, exactly.. If you like RJ shoulder, get an RJ suit.

In my (entirely unbiased) opinion, the Cavour suit far outshines the RJ suit in terms of fit and balance.

Also, for the record, we are not changing the Model 2 fit. (It is pretty darn good as it is:cool:)

The picture I posted earlier was a sample for a whole new model I am working on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics