• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

steiger

Reaction score
Do you have any plans on making high rise trousers instead of medium rise on most of your trousers?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have any plans on making high rise trousers instead of medium rise on most of your trousers?

Not really, as it is a pretty difficult RTW fit (thus not very commercial) , given how different we are all built.

So for those that want a higher rise, I would reccommend MTM or Bespoke, in order to get the right fit and balance.

Marshak

Reaction score
Not really, as it is a pretty difficult RTW fit (thus not very commercial) , given how different we are all built.

So for those that want a higher rise, I would reccommend MTM or Bespoke, in order to get the right fit and balance.

I don't know the technical issues but it would be a great development of your offer. B&B has developed a very satisfying line of high rise trousers but the fabrics spectrum is too limited, as did Natalino. Personnaly, it's this low/medium and skinny ankle that prevent me from buying your pants whereas the fabrics curation is very seducing.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know the technical issues but it would be a great development of your offer. B&B has developed a very satisfying line of high rise trousers but the fabrics spectrum is too limited, as did Natalino. Personnaly, it's this low/medium and skinny ankle that orevent me from buying your pants whereas the fabrics curation is very seducing.
This. If they offered more classic cut trousers I'd definitely buy suits from them as well. As it stands now, it's the occasional sport coat.

It's all good though. I have my needs covered, but it'd be nice to have another outlet to turn to. Especially since Cavour's selections are excellent.

M.Olsson

Reaction score
I don't know the technical issues but it would be a great development of your offer. B&B has developed a very satisfying line of high rise trousers but the fabrics spectrum is too limited, as did Natalino. Personnaly, it's this low/medium and skinny ankle that prevent me from buying your pants whereas the fabrics curation is very seducing.
Hear, hear.

DonNick94

Reaction score
Lot's of people nowdays they prefer trousers with high rise. Including me. I wanted to buy a suit from cavour but i didn't purchase it because of the low/medium rise of the pants.
Natalino has a great high rise trousers and fits very well(some alteations are needed)
I think cavour and @kevinsvindland should think about the higher rise trousers

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This. If they offered more classic cut trousers I'd definitely buy suits from them as well. As it stands now, it's the occasional sport coat.

It's all good though. I have my needs covered, but it'd be nice to have another outlet to turn to. Especially since Cavour's selections are excellent.
Hear, hear.

Fine, samples ordered for FW23

I need a 60% sellthrough on 200 pairs before the sale starts.
You guys better make sure they perform well..

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fine, samples ordered for FW23

I need a 60% sellthrough on 200 pairs before the sale starts.
You guys better make sure they perform well..
Sure thing.

Seriously though. I don't know what arrangements other have and I'm not even going to pretend to know what risks comes with nee patterns etc, but there's at least one vendor here who plays in the same ballpark as you guys that offers high rise trousers with their suits and they seem to sell well.

I'm sure since you guys are based in Europe, you'd have no problem grabbing a big chunk of the existing market.

hysteria

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you guys feels about this, but one feedback I provided regarding the trousers (that you may chime in on) is that even the smallest size (46) has massive waist of 80cm. Some smaller waist options of 76-78cm would be nice along with side-adjusters that are on the waist band rather than splitting the waist-band in half.

hysteria

Reaction score
What is the general opinion on belt loops vs side adjusters?
Do people like to wear belts with suits and other formal trousers?

Gave up onb elts a long time ago. I suspect belts became a staple historically when men started moving away from tailoring and compensating for ill-fitted trousers. Over time, it became more about aesthetics since not wearing a belt looks a bit "odd" at first - as if something is missing, since majority of the population wears a belt. If the trousers fit perfeclty around the waist, a belt is not really needed. On the topic of aesthetics, I think belts destroy the clean look of a suit.

To add to this, I do get annoyed when I see flat fronts only come with belt loops. Sometimes, I. do like flat fronts, especially if it's a casual trouser (i.e. white or linen) that I mainly intend to wear with polos or other tops that aren't dress shirts. I prefer pleats for more formal trousers. I wish we had more options for flat fronts without loops, especially the cotton trousers which are inherently more casual or whites.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the general opinion on belt loops vs side adjusters?
Do people like to wear belts with suits and other formal trousers?
Side adjusters. Belts are impractical and looks ugly with tailored trousers. If you want to keep your trousers up and they're not the correct size use braces. Trousers with belts will never drape well. A well draped pair of trousers should hang from the shoulders like they do with braces.

(if you're seriously considering the suggestions from the last couple of posts, don't forget the pleats. Personal preference: get rid of the back pockets as well. They defeat the purpose of a clean look and aren't useful).

Last edited:

DonNick94

Reaction score
Side adjusters. Belts are impractical and looks ugly with tailored trousers. If you want to keep your trousers up and they're not the correct size use braces. Trousers with belts will never drape well. A well draped pair of trousers should hang from the shoulders like they do with braces.

(if you're seriously considering the suggestions from the last couple of posts, don't forget the pleats. Personal preference: get rid of the back pockets as well. They defeat the purpose of a clean look and aren't useful).
Side adjusters saved my life.
I only wear belt with my chinos and jeans

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you guys feels about this, but one feedback I provided regarding the trousers (that you may chime in on) is that even the smallest size (46) has massive waist of 80cm. Some smaller waist options of 76-78cm would be nice along with side-adjusters that are on the waist band rather than splitting the waist-band in half.

If the rise was higher, it would indeed make sense to reduce the circumfrence.

As for the side adjusters, I much prefer the overlaping side adjusters, commonly found on Ambrosi, Attolini and Rota trousers.

I think this makes the trouser a little top heavy. (My personal opinion)
Skjermbilde 2022-08-09 kl. 14.29.19.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads