• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

ehaz

Reaction score
I'm still building out my wardrobe and was thinking of buying this suit:

Is this a good all-season suit? I'm not in a place where I want to get into summer/season specific suits just yet. Also, does anyone have any experience with how the fit compares to Spier & MacKay's Neo Cut suits (and generally any quality differences between the two)?

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
I'm still building out my wardrobe and was thinking of buying this suit:

Is this a good all-season suit? I'm not in a place where I want to get into summer/season specific suits just yet. Also, does anyone have any experience with how the fit compares to Spier & MacKay's Neo Cut suits (and generally any quality differences between the two)?
I got a navy and a charcoal of this. They're great everyday suits.

Don't have s&m to compare to.

A.D.

Reaction score
midsommar.jpg

Spent my Midsummer overdressed and not one bit sorry about it.

hysteria

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with Cavour returns?
Their DHL return label generation is automatic via their website, but it only generates the label. It does not generate a customs invoice and Waybill doc, which I always receive for any international DHL returns. I emailed them about it, and they don't seem to be aware of what I'm referring to, which is quite surprising. I've never done a DHL return for items ordered from Europe without those documents, so I doubt customs will process the order properly without them.

Henry S

Reaction score
I had the same concerns, and according to the courier, it might cause an issue, but it really shouldn't.
I returned from multiple stores without all the papers (when not provided from the store) and had no issue. Just don't forget to mark the parcel as returned goods.

Unsubscr1ber

Reaction score
My understanding is that the "PLT" suffix on the return label (white letters on the black background) indicates that the paperwork is paperless and the information already entered into the system. The original shipping label would have been coded similarly and would not have included a pro forma invoice on the outside of the package, I believe. I’ve not had difficulty with any international returns coded this way. Still, I generally write “Return of Goods” on the packaging so it’s obvious at a glance.

hysteria

Reaction score
Never had trouble with them.
I had the same concerns, and according to the courier, it might cause an issue, but it really shouldn't.
I returned from multiple stores without all the papers (when not provided from the store) and had no issue. Just don't forget to mark the parcel as returned goods.
My understanding is that the "PLT" suffix on the return label (white letters on the black background) indicates that the paperwork is paperless and the information already entered into the system. The original shipping label would have been coded similarly and would not have included a pro forma invoice on the outside of the package, I believe. I’ve not had difficulty with any international returns coded this way. Still, I generally write “Return of Goods” on the packaging so it’s obvious at a glance.

Thanks for the quick input.
Sounds like they really do something different here. It jsut found it odd bc I've done so many DHL returns for so many vendors, and it's always the same process with all the customs + waybill documents.
I guess I'll jsut slap on the label, mark return, and send it.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PLT is the key as mentioned.........you're good. For a final confirmation, call DHL CS and they will assure you everything is in order.

Krolbro

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I just bought a sport coat from Cavour and wondered if it fits correctly. I think the shoulders are okay but I'm not sure about the back. Can you guys give some advice? This is the first non-navy sport coat that I have bought and I made an account just to get your views about it. It's the beige wool silk linen sport jacket.

I'm also wearing the pearl grey high twist wool Natalino trousers, a burgundy grenadine grossa tie by Amidé Hadelin and a sky blue OCBD with a Broke and Bespoke collar by Luxire (sorry for not buttoning the collar lol).

Edit: this is a size 50. I'm 183cm tall and weigh about 75kg.

Attachments

• 20220628_152919.jpg
    20220628_152919.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 20220628_152925.jpg
    20220628_152925.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 20220628_152928.jpg
    20220628_152928.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

Faroe65

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I just bought a sport coat from Cavour and wondered if it fits correctly. I think the shoulders are okay but I'm not sure about the back. Can you guys give some advice? This is the first non-navy sport coat that I have bought and I made an account just to get your views about it. It's the beige wool silk linen sport jacket.

I'm also wearing the pearl grey high twist wool Natalino trousers, a burgundy grenadine grossa tie by Amidé Hadelin and a sky blue OCBD with a Broke and Bespoke collar by Luxire (sorry for not buttoning the collar lol).

Seems alright to me. Perhaps Kevin can give you a more sophisticated advice but I'm also 181cm and 75kg myself and I go for 50 in terms of Cavour tailoring.

DonNick94

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Hello my friend. Excellent choice of blazer. Based on my experience with mtm rtw & bespoke suits and jackets the back is totally wrong. This break in the right side isn't correct. The back should be clean. Also the sleeves needs to be shortened for 1-2cm. My advice is to go to a skilled tailor. He will what this blazer needs.

When we buy a rtw garment 99.9% of the times we need to perform some extra tailoring to achieve the petrfect fit.

Regards,

Nicolas

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads