• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably my favorite jacket this season..

43D81EC0-DE13-4020-9DEF-F055E197DE0A.jpeg

Inigoluis

Reaction score
Hello, Anyone willing to sell Cavour Sport Coat Mod 1 in size EU46? Please message me. Thank you.

TheSmallPotato

Reaction score
Hi Frederic,

This is something I believe many would be curious about, atleast ones that frequent SF.

So let me try to clarify a little:

Our spring/summer 2022 tailoring,

When we started out 8 years ago, we were making samples all over the place in pursuit of the best product we could find. After trying a few seasons in several factories in different countries, when we set up our own shop, and world wide online store, about five years ago, we had discovered a factory in the outskirts of Naples. The patterns were slightly tweaked and altered each season in our desire to improve and further develop the fit. All the way untill we started from scratch and developed our Model 2 fit.

With the model 2 fit, and our increasing production volumes, it proved to be challenging to maintain the quality we were looking for. Inconsistencies here and there made it difficult for us to manage, and to maintain the high standards set by ourselves and our clients alike.

Also when the pandemic hit, we realized that we would need to diversify our production in order to not rely on one small maker, with limited production volume. Italy was hit pretty hard, and in turn so were we.

This season the Model 2 tailoring is made in China, for a number of reasons.

Making the best product possible within our target price point.
While we love the idea of Made in Italy as much as anyone, It is hard to deny the fact that Made in Italy also comes at a higher price (But not necessarily higher quality). And with recent increases in general, it would be hard to sustain our desired price point. Our aim is always best possible product.

Consistency and predictability.
China: Double and triple checking every detail, in case we made any mistakes, or if anything was unclear in our order..
Italy: Winging it, making the decisions that they think is the best, rather than asking for approval.
(This is of course an extreme over simplification, but you get the idea.)

Far superior in terms of technology.
The new Chinese factory looks like some of the very top Italians in terms of production-line. This means much tighter quality control, from beginning to end.

Our ambition is to always make the best product possible, and the way the world looks today, we can not let borders and outdated prejudice stand in our way. We simply want to work with the best suppliers possible in each product category.

In terms of entirely hand made tailoring, Italy is hard to beat.
But when it comes to an industrial factory production line within the limits of our target price, the Chinese are simply much better.

As I touched on previously, we do love the romantic idea of Made in Italy, and Italy in general. Which is why the Cavour Sartoria line exists. On this line we work only with small suppliers, and produce small quantities.

Hope this answers your question, and perhaps a few more.

Cheers!

I appreciate the honesty and I think the switch to Chinese manufacturers make perfect economical sense. Unfortunately unlike some other users here, I have vouched never to buy anything from China again, mainly for political reasons. Too many my friends and family had been persecuted for their civil participation and whenever possible I do not wish to help prop up a political system that promotes that. Anyhow, Cavour had always been my refuge for quality clothing, but now to my utter disappointment I have no choice but to resort to other brands.

Best of luck to your future endeavors!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics