• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Marshak

Reaction score
Just bought these two BD shirts in navy: one in corduroy, the other in a cotton-wool blend. Why? Can't say exactly, a certain appeal.

1637919448866.png

1637919395526.png

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger on this sports jacket. My first Cavour purchase.
1637928142020.png

Colour, fabric pattern and style all look suitable to me to pair with flannel trousers and maybe jeans for a more casual look.

Could I ask @kevinsvindland for some more details on the fabric weight on this one and on its navy flannel counterpart in the same style?

Verniza

Reaction score
Is anyone able to comment on Cavour's jacket fit vs Spier & Mackay?

Am keen on an overcoat but am concerned because I have an erect posture, hence most RTW bunches up at my neckline as they tend to cut their back pieces longer.

S&M seems to be the only RTW that I don't need to alter out of box so would like some comparison points to S&M jackets.

Flight Of Ideas

Reaction score
Is anyone able to comment on Cavour's jacket fit vs Spier & Mackay?

Am keen on an overcoat but am concerned because I have an erect posture, hence most RTW bunches up at my neckline as they tend to cut their back pieces longer.

S&M seems to be the only RTW that I don't need to alter out of box so would like some comparison points to S&M jackets.
That‘s always an issue for me as well due to my straight shoulders. I have tried a Cavour sports coat and indeed it did bunch at the neck. I would say it‘s pretty much the same as most RTW I‘ve encountered. The jacket itself is fantastic but since I don‘t have any competent tailors nearby (even the expensive ones are crap) it‘s too much hassle for me with sleeve lenghtening, button holes, taking in the waist and removing the neck fold. Sadly

Verniza

Reaction score
That‘s always an issue for me as well due to my straight shoulders. I have tried a Cavour sports coat and indeed it did bunch at the neck. I would say it‘s pretty much the same as most RTW I‘ve encountered. The jacket itself is fantastic but since I don‘t have any competent tailors nearby (even the expensive ones are crap) it‘s too much hassle for me with sleeve lenghtening, button holes, taking in the waist and removing the neck fold. Sadly

Thank you, your feedback was much appreciated.

I can feel your pain on the lack of competent tailors. I've had a few jackets ruined by local guys that I gave up on RTW years ago.

It's quite unfortunate indeed.

Flight Of Ideas

Reaction score
Thank you, your feedback was much appreciated.

I can feel your pain on the lack of competent tailors. I've had a few jackets ruined by local guys that I gave up on RTW years ago.

It's quite unfortunate indeed.
Yeah, same. I‘m in Switzerland and it‘s pretty hopeless. Definitely easier for guys in the UK or Germany.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, same. I‘m in Switzerland and it‘s pretty hopeless. Definitely easier for guys in the UK or Germany.

Switzerland??? You literally have a battalion of tailors in the Zegna factory! (I'm not suggesting you go to the factory. Just surprised you can't find a good one there).

Flight Of Ideas

Reaction score
Switzerland??? You literally have a battalion of tailors in the Zegna factory! (I'm not suggesting you go to the factory. Just surprised you can't find a good one there).
I‘m in the German part. But I should maybe try to find someone in the Italian part near the border. Only issue is the language and that it‘s pretty far away.

Kevin24

Reaction score
I am of need of a solid overcoat, and I was looking at Cavour where a couple caught my eye.

I am in the 40R-42R size range (depending on my weight). Given that I've had poor luck with Spier & Mackay due to their odd sizing.

What size should I be looking at for Cavour's overcoats?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am of need of a solid overcoat, and I was looking at Cavour where a couple caught my eye.

I am in the 40R-42R size range (depending on my weight). Given that I've had poor luck with Spier & Mackay due to their odd sizing.

What size should I be looking at for Cavour's overcoats?
If you know your measurements, send them to Cavour and get their sizing advice.

If not, order 2 different sizes (40 & 42) from Cavour and return the one that doesn’t fit how you like.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assumed the Black Week sale would finish today on Cyber Monday... bummed I missed out on scoring a couple of sweaters

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads