• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree. A bit uncomfortable with this. Cavour is already very good value at full price, not to mention at 25% off. To ask for heavier sales or discounts from a small independent company like them feels weird.
Not everyone has good taste. Cavour shoe prices for StC and EG are already cheaper than almost if not all other retailers I've looked at.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cavour shoe sale just went up. 25% on lots of expensive pairs, but they'd have to be throwing them off the truck in order for me to get any of those. I know they're already discounted but I was kinda hoping the Cavour unlined loafers would be half off for a little bit this weekend, but I'll just wait until I'm not out of money.
Why not just go thrift shopping? Better yet Cavour is better off without you as the type of customer they want.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cavour shoe sale just went up. 25% on lots of expensive pairs, but they'd have to be throwing them off the truck in order for me to get any of those. I know they're already discounted but I was kinda hoping the Cavour unlined loafers would be half off for a little bit this weekend, but I'll just wait until I'm not out of money.
DF564D6C-5835-401D-B49F-83FA9DAEF0C6.jpeg

Austinjhutch

Reaction score
I think that I'm falsely and unfairly being called out for being an ungrateful ass because y'all have come to expect that from low post count users. It's ok. All I meant is I can't afford $255 right now, so I'll wait until next paycheck for the Cavour unlined loafers. The joke about throwing the high end ones off the truck was the same tone, that if I can't afford $255 then I definitely can't afford four times that much. I personally think their unlined pennies look 100% great and worth their asking price. And I know that they haven't even been on the site that long but it's summer and they're moving loafers, so we get the 25% as a nice little treat. I'm not a nickel and dimer at all, and not why I like Cavour. I like Cavour bc I am confident that their trousers always work for me off the rack, which is nice for a tall guy. Gosh!

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that I'm falsely and unfairly being called out for being an ungrateful ass because y'all have come to expect that from low post count users. It's ok. All I meant is I can't afford $255 right now, so I'll wait until next paycheck for the Cavour unlined loafers. The joke about throwing the high end ones off the truck was the same tone, that if I can't afford $255 then I definitely can't afford four times that much. I personally think their unlined pennies look 100% great and worth their asking price. And I know that they haven't even been on the site that long but it's summer and they're moving loafers, so we get the 25% as a nice little treat. I'm not a nickel and dimer at all, and not why I like Cavour. I like Cavour bc I am confident that their trousers always work for me off the rack, which is nice for a tall guy. Gosh!
Really?

You’re not a victim so please don’t act like one.

If you can’t afford Cavour’s wares then admire them for what they are and keep it moving….

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland
I am usually a 48 EU on Suitsupply and Spier & Mackay. Should I also get a 48 in Cavour? I have been looking at a pair of linen shorts and the Mod 2 wool trousers.

Last edited:

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got my sportscoat from Cavour. Wonderfully packaged, super quick delivery. And the fabric always looks better in person. What more can you ask for?

I know the website is a bit of a sore subject, but the correct iteration doesn't seem to show the fabric composition and fabric code anymore. This Marling and Evans 50% wool/linen seems spot on for a summer sportscoat to the office.

PXL_20210629_013907285.jpg
PXL_20210629_013929459.jpg

Shetterd

Reaction score
Just got my sportscoat from Cavour. Wonderfully packaged, super quick delivery. And the fabric always looks better in person. What more can you ask for?

I know the website is a bit of a sore subject, but the correct iteration doesn't seem to show the fabric composition and fabric code anymore. This Marling and Evans 50% wool/linen seems spot on for a summer sportscoat to the office.

View attachment 1631924
View attachment 1631926
This looks fantastic! Is it this sport coat? https://cavour.co/en/product/3520/mod-2-herringbone-brittish-wool-jacket

Would be curious to see fit pics!

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland
I am usually a 48 EU on Suitsupply and Spier & Mackay. Should I also get a 48 in Cavour? I have been looking at a pair of linen shorts and the Mod 2 wool trousers.

I have never tried either myself, but from what people tell me, you should get the same size. ?

hrv123

Reaction score

View attachment 1631924
View attachment 1631926

Looks a lot darker in your pics than the website. I like this better in your pics. Is the website more representative or these pics?

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks a lot darker in your pics than the website. I like this better in your pics. Is the website more representative or these pics?
They're both correct. Depends on the lighting condition. My photos were not as well lit as the ones on the website. If you're outside in bright daylight, it would look more like the website. If you're indoors in dim light, it'll look darker, but my first photo is probably a bit too dark

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads