• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Lindrian

Reaction score
Is the returns form not working? I am not getting any labels, its just spinning forever.

Lindrian

Reaction score
Seems to be working fine when I try it here.
Perhaps try to use another browser?
If not email Robin at [email protected] and he will sort it out.
If I try again it just says I've registered the return already. I have not gotten any labels (not on mail or anything either).

I used the contact form on your website, is that the same email?

schraiber

Reaction score
Crappy lighting on a shot of my still-untailored mod 2 that I got a couple months ago. Love a lot of the details on the jacket so much, but the fit just isn't quite right on me. I wonder how I'd look going a size up... might help with the length + shoulder fit. Anyone have any thoughts?

IMG_20210406_202306555~2.jpg

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Looks just fine in terms of sizing, not sure what else you are considering to be the problem.

schraiber

Reaction score
^^^ Looks just fine in terms of sizing, not sure what else you are considering to be the problem.
It's a definitely short (maybe tough to tell here due to dark pants, but it's about 2cm short of making it to the fork of my pants/covering my butt), and the shoulders are a bit narrow relative to the size of my hips, giving me less of a "V" than I usually want out of a jacket.

Shetterd

Reaction score
It's a definitely short (maybe tough to tell here due to dark pants, but it's about 2cm short of making it to the fork of my pants/covering my butt), and the shoulders are a bit narrow relative to the size of my hips, giving me less of a "V" than I usually want out of a jacket.
Don't have as much as experience as some on here, but to me, it looks a little short, and tight in the chest and midsection. The buttoning point also seems high for you, maybe.

Unionmade

Reaction score
Kevin : what fabric is wool gabardine and high twist for new trousers? Mill and weight? Will you update such info in the future?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kevin : what fabric is wool gabardine and high twist for new trousers? Mill and weight? Will you update such info in the future?

High Twist and Gabardine are both from VBC.
High Twist is 240g
Gabardine is 250g

We will update the articles aswell as soon as possible.

hrv123

Reaction score
Just took receipt of the Loro Piana Summer hopsack. Great fabric but I noticed faux buttonholes were added whereas my previous Mod 2 jackets did not have these. I typically have to lengthen the sleeves. Anyone know if taking out the faux buttonholes is possible or will it ruin the underlying fabric?

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just took receipt of the Loro Piana Summer hopsack. Great fabric but I noticed faux buttonholes were added whereas my previous Mod 2 jackets did not have these. I typically have to lengthen the sleeves. Anyone know if taking out the faux buttonholes is possible or will it ruin the underlying fabric?
wont ruin

Shetterd

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland has said that they specifically use faux buttonholes to allow for easier alterations, which I really appreciate, so your tailor should have no problem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads