• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm living paycheck to paycheck but I need my Loro Piana sportcoat to stunt on people around me in the subway station so can the 30% off promotion be extended to the end of the month?

I know what you mean... I picked up the Solaro though it was probably not a great idea lol, but didn’t want to miss out! Still, it would be nice if the deal was extended till month end ? Lots more I’ve got my eye on!

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cavour Mod 2 sport jacket...
96AFBF03-660A-45B3-A979-DE0ACE096620.png

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Picked up the Solaro! Couldn’t help it... the pricing is excellent and I’ve always coveted that fabric lol!

What mill is it from, @kevinsvindland?

Nice one! I love how subtle it is. Often they have too much red. This one is rather easy to wear, without it looking costumey.??

The fabric is from Drago.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland - was browsing the site and noticed the Ambrosi flannel twill trousers. Fabulous stuff, but sadly the taupe is out of stock in my size. Will you restocking? Also, can you share the details of the fabrics used? The website listing says H&S Interiors? I’m not a fabric expert - how do interiors fabrics do when made up as trousers? Either way, lovely pieces, just kicking myself that I didn’t look on the website sooner.

It is from a series called Patagonia by H&S, 400-something g/m
Being from the Interiors-range, it is not one you see all over the place like the VBC 340g flannel. (Not that it is not good, just used by everyone)

Wears very well, I have three pairs, my favorite flannel for trousers. Feels lighter than the weight would suggest and it keeps the crease well. And the colors are amazing, lovely depth.

TC11201

Reaction score
Thanks
It is from a series called Patagonia by H&S, 400-something g/m
Being from the Interiors-range, it is not one you see all over the place like the VBC 340g flannel. (Not that it is not good, just used by everyone)

Wears very well, I have three pairs, my favorite flannel for trousers. Feels lighter than the weight would suggest and it keeps the crease well. And the colors are amazing, lovely depth.
Thanks Kevin. I supose I never imagined that interior design fabrics would be soft enough to use for trousers. Even though the taupe is no longer in stock in my size, I just took the plunge on the beige. As you say, the colors on the website look amazing. Very much looking forward to receiving them!

Artserg

Reaction score
Guys, can somebody comment on Rota trousers from Cavour? How do they fit compared to Rota trousers from Rota official website and compared to Cavour Mod 2 trousers? I am 48 in most brands (Like Model A trousers from The Armoury or High Waist trousers from Rota Oifficial Website), but almost 100% should size up in Mod 2. Now I am unsure about Rota's from Cavour. @kevinsvindland Your help appreciated.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is the luxury high twist wool suit made of Dino Filarte fabric?

Seems to be another mixup in the copy texts. We have had some trouble before, like a Drakes Tie suddenly had the copy of a Cavour Shearling Jacket from seasons back.
I thought I had managed to correct them, but apparently not. Thanks for the heads up!

The Luxury High Twist this season is from Drago.
Other High Twists in the mens collection are from VBC.

But we have used some Dino Filarte fabrics on the Womens Collection, so that might be why it popped up in this description.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Guys, can somebody comment on Rota trousers from Cavour? How do they fit compared to Rota trousers from Rota official website and compared to Cavour Mod 2 trousers? I am 48 in most brands (Like Model A trousers from The Armoury or High Waist trousers from Rota Oifficial Website), but almost 100% should size up in Mod 2. Now I am unsure about Rota's from Cavour. @kevinsvindland Your help appreciated.

All our Rota trousers are their Firenze model (191) with side tabs and single pleats.
On the Rota site, they offer a few different styles and fits.

Compared to the Cavour Mod 2 trouser, the Rota Firenze model fits a little slimmer. And the Mod 2 waist is slightly higher.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any plans to bring back Crispaire suits?

Any specifics on the hightwist suiting fabrics? What mill are they from? It would be great to include this type of information in the product descriptions.

High Twist trousers and jackets are from VBC, as are the plain and birdseye fabrics
The navy Luxury High Twist Suit is from Drago, so is the beige solaro.
This season we have 4 suit fabrics from Piacenza.

For jackets we have used Drago, Zegna, Di Pray, M&E, Loro Piana, Fox and VBC.

Will try to add some more info in the descriptions aswell. Just struggling to get my to do list to add up in these dark times of closed stores and low staff.

Edit: As for Crispaire suits we may bring it back, but not this season.
It is on the rather pricy side, compared to high twists from VBC or others.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads