• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6x2 simply looks (and sells) better. :)

View attachment 1559850

I think a long lapel is the Key. I understand your selling point, but a 6x1 that you can button 6x2 could do good. Luka Rubinacci style and not like the rake where the bottom buttons are not parallell. The one you pictured here looks very good, but appears to have a lower buttoning point than most rtw.

Currently in store only, but working on figuring out a sensible way to do remote MTOs too.

The biggest issue is the price, as our RTW prices are very good. Buying cut lengths from the usual suspects it would not be possible to sell at the same prices as the RTW where we buy fabrics by the roll.

I think you could select some staple fabrics and buy buy the roll. Vbc 4-ply and probably some flannels. It could atleast get ppl into the mtm train.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you could select some staple fabrics and buy buy the roll. Vbc 4-ply and probably some flannels. It could atleast get ppl into the mtm train.
I remember Kevin saying that Cavour would be developing some custom fabrics. I imagine that has to be a roll, so don't see why MTO can't be done on those house fabrics.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I remember Kevin saying that Cavour would be developing some custom fabrics. I imagine that has to be a roll, so don't see why MTO can't be done on those house fabrics.

We’ll see what the future brings.
The question is also how big would the interest be?
Should we make 25-ish jackets from the roll, or make 20 and allocate the rest for MTOs? We have no interest in stock piling leftover cuts, as this would have to be covered somewhere, which in turn would mean higher prices overall.

Perhaps a good place to start would be to present a fabric, see how many would buy it, and go from there.

Good RTW is the core of our business, so we are not in a great hurry to develop remote MTM, But it is something we are looking into along with custom fabrics.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should we make 25-ish jackets from the roll, or make 20 and allocate the rest for MTOs? We have no interest in stock piling leftover cuts, as this would have to be covered somewhere, which in turn would mean higher prices overall.

Perhaps a good place to start would be to present a fabric, see how many would buy it, and go from there.
I think it really depends on your costs of production and your customer base. Maybe making 20 for stock means you only stock 1 or 2 of the largest or smallest sizes. Then if someone who wears a 46 or a 56 comes in, they can just MTO it meaning you won't have stock sitting. There's unfortunately bound to be wastage somewhere so no particular right or wrong. Your team definitely knows best.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We’ll see what the future brings.
The question is also how big would the interest be?

Good RTW is the core of our business, so we are not in a great hurry to develop remote MTM, But it is something we are looking into along with custom fabrics.

Any plans to add long sizes? I know that I have asked about this before. We Norwegians are tall and when looking at your competition (S&M and B&B) their long sizes sell out quickly.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A personal favorite in this seasons Cavour lineup.

A rather bold check, yet surprisingly easy on the eye.
The fabric is a "Sublime" super 140s from Piacenza.

large-16.jpg

Shirt is Cavour FW20 RTW
And the tie is from TieYourTie Florence.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve always found it difficult to wear much darker odd sport coats like this, I have something similar but it hardly gets any wear. This looks great though!
I've challenged myself to get more comfortable with charcoal in tailoring. It can be a great element in an outfit. Glad you think this was a success! Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads