• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

emiratiAL

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but how does the MOD 2 trousers fit?

I'm a 32inch waist.

As a general comment, the Cavour website is very slick and the shipping is probably the best I've experienced online, particularly over the pandemic.

emiratiAL

Reaction score
What is the quality of Cavour like generally? Where are their products made? I'm mulling over an assault on their sale...

Shetterd

Reaction score
What is the quality of Cavour like generally? Where are their products made? I'm mulling over an assault on their sale...
Have a cashmere roll neck (made in Italy) and it feels absolutely fantastic. Nice, medium weight knit, I would say. Have a pair of (VBC) flannels and a cashmere v-neck coming! Feels difficult to beat, especially at sale prices.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland : Just received 2 chukka boots and a split toe derby shoe and they are much wider (and longer) than last year's collection of which I also own 3 or 4 shoes/boots. Did you change lasts in between collections perhaps? I think they might be half or even a full size too big for me.

schraiber

Reaction score
Got my Mod 2 in the mail. The finish and overall quality feels amazing! Just trying to decide on fit. What do y'all think? Obviously sleeves are too long (easy fix) and it's probably a bit too short (much less easy fix) but are there any other signs I went too big/too small or should have it tailored?

btw, I'd say that compared to my US 38 Suitsupply Havana jacket this EU 48 is a bit roomier overall but also a teensy bit shorter

Attachments

• IMG_20210118_152610139~2.jpg
    IMG_20210118_152610139~2.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20210118_152621984_BURST000_COVER_TOP~2.jpg
    IMG_20210118_152621984_BURST000_COVER_TOP~2.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20210118_152813803~2.jpg
    IMG_20210118_152813803~2.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 159

archipel

Reaction score
Are the Plain Toe Blucher - Grain Leather and Chukka Boot - Grain Leather both Utah leather? @kevinsvindland Do you have some more information about your lasts? How do these fit? I have wider feet.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland

Do you also do GMTOs for Crockett and Jones for say an exclusive model? For example, a cordovan tetbury or Alex?

Sure, we could do that I suppose.
If enough people are interested.
But I am not likely to organize it, as the margins of C&J are on the slim side. So It makes for alot of time and work for very little.
But feel free to gather 12 guys prepared to pay the price, and I am happy to facilitate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads