• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland What is the difference in fit between the Cavour dress shirts and the Cavour Sartoria line of dress shirts? Does one fit slimmer/looser than the other?

In terms of sizing, they are about the same. But in terms of comfort, I favor the Sartoria line.. Mostly because I like the Shoulder and the larger collar. (All the handmade stuff is nice too..)

l33tcoder

Reaction score
Need some advice on Bontoni sizing. I am 10.5D on brannock and wear 9.5E (regular width) in Saint Crispins and C&J. Based on what I read on this forum I should go for 43.5 in Bontoni but I was recommended by 43 by the Cavour team via email.
Would love to hear from someone who can compare C&J/St. Crispins and Bontoni sizing.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Need some advice on Bontoni sizing. I am 10.5D on brannock and wear 9.5E (regular width) in Saint Crispins and C&J. Based on what I read on this forum I should go for 43.5 in Bontoni but I was recommended by 43 by the Cavour team via email.
Would love to hear from someone who can compare C&J/St. Crispins and Bontoni sizing.

I wear the same size in Bontoni as I do in StC and C&J. UK 8,5 = 42,5

So I would advise to go for 43,5

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Received my suit yesterday, and i gotta say, wow to the quick delivery. Ordered Monday, and delivered Wed to Canada. Packaging is top-notch, the garment bags have been upgraded with leather handles. WHAT?!?!?!

Regarding the suit, details are nice and the jacket fits quite well. The pants however, were still quite tight on me. I threw on pants from the Mod1 and didn't notice any difference in the additional room in mod2. Definitely will need to take both pairs to the tailor and see how much they can let out. Fingers crossed there's enough fabric to have a relaxed fit on them cuz they're both really nice. Will try to get some pics later

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So how does mod 1, mod 2 compare to say Rota from NMWA in how slim it is.

For example I know NMWA Rota I would need to slim the leg opening to say 7.5 to 7.75in for EU46/US30 pants (while the Armoury’s Rota is close to too slim). I would say something like Epaulet Walt via Hertling is the slimmest I can take.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how does mod 1, mod 2 compare to say Rota from NMWA in how slim it is.

For example I know NMWA Rota I would need to slim the leg opening to say 7.5 to 7.75in for EU46/US30 pants (while the Armoury’s Rota is close to too slim). I would say something like Epaulet Walt via Hertling is the slimmest I can take.
I think Mod2 is the happy medium, slimmer than NMWA Rota. Mod2 is a bit wider than the Walt. Mod1 is close to the Walt, but it tapers more below the knee.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Mod2 is the happy medium, slimmer than NMWA Rota. Mod2 is a bit wider than the Walt. Mod1 is close to the Walt, but it tapers more below the knee.

I saw you just received a Mod2, can you comment on how much fabric inlay there is? Particularly in the top block?

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm actually not home because of the holiday, but I'll snap a photo when I'm back. From my understanding, Kevin said they added extra fabric, so I would be shocked if you couldn't widen the legs by 1.5 inches (4cm). I had my tailor let out my Mod1 trousers an inch, and Cavour supposedly added even more fabric inlay

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually not home because of the holiday, but I'll snap a photo when I'm back. From my understanding, Kevin said they added extra fabric, so I would be shocked if you couldn't widen the legs by 1.5 inches (4cm). I had my tailor let out my Mod1 trousers an inch, and Cavour supposedly added even more fabric inlay

I appreciate it! Yeah I loved the first suit I got from them back before the Mod2 was even in the works but the trousers just didn’t work even with letting them out as much as possible.

I realize my situation is definitely not that of others, I just have thunder thighs lol

Lindrian

Reaction score
Is it possible to pay using paypal? It seems to default to Klarna with no way of changing it.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate it! Yeah I loved the first suit I got from them back before the Mod2 was even in the works but the trousers just didn’t work even with letting them out as much as possible.

I realize my situation is definitely not that of others, I just have thunder thighs lol
The pleats should help. My issue are my large calves so happy with the fit.

Austinjhutch

Reaction score
I just grabbed the last pair of grey mod 1 single pleat trousers (and some riemer gloves and a drake's donegal beanie, all for $250!). I've only bought a couple pairs of pants from Cavour, in May-June before the mod 1/2 era and usually get pants already hemmed bc I am fairly casual/OTR about hem and cuff. I figure there are other nyc ppl on here within the Cavour thread, can anyone rec a currently open shop in Manhattan for a simple trouser job? I'm in the east village; there are undoubtedly plenty of shops, but if anyone has one they've used this year that is definitely open, let me know!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads