• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Artserg

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Hi Kevin! Could you please advise me how is actually "fine" cloth of your new Fine oxford button down shirts compared to traditional thick oxford? How do they keep shape especially in the collar?

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting some Cavour baby cashmere sweaters. How do they compare to say Brunello Cucinelli or Loro Piana? Thanks in advance gentlemen and @kevinsvindland if you could chime in that'd be great too

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland
Could you please advise on loafer sizing. I wear uk 10 in most shoes. A pair of carmina loafers in uk10 has snug, but good fit. Should i go with uk10 in your loafers?

dh797_sfs

Reaction score
Anyone know how the fit on Cavour's trousers are? I'm looking at the Mod 2 cords and they look real handsome

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Hi Kevin! Could you please advise me how is actually "fine" cloth of your new Fine oxford button down shirts compared to traditional thick oxford? How do they keep shape especially in the collar?

It is more of an oxford cloth that a neapolitan politician wouold wear, than what you would find on an off duty Boston firefighter.

The collars keep their shape well.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting some Cavour baby cashmere sweaters. How do they compare to say Brunello Cucinelli or Loro Piana? Thanks in advance gentlemen and @kevinsvindland if you could chime in that'd be great too

It hods up fairly well to what I have tried from the above mentioned brands. Like any super light baby cashmere it is best kept away from friction and synthetic fabrics. And will require some upkeep every now and then if worn the same way you would a merino polo.

I am very pleased with mine, probably the softest piece of clothing I own.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland What is the difference in fit between the Cavour dress shirts and the Cavour Sartoria line of dress shirts? Does one fit slimmer/looser than the other?

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My cavour order came in today, lightning quick delivery by DHL. The Mod 2 fits so well. The entire construction is so light it definitely feels very Southern Italian. The Prince of Wales def looks more flattering in real life than the website photos, which made the suit look a bit dark to me.

PXL_20201125_012832084.jpg
PXL_20201125_013005717.jpg

Ok some slightly bad news, the trousers arrived already hemmed with cuffs. Good news is, they're close to the right length for me, only off by less than 2cm :lookaround:

PXL_20201125_013157191.jpg

The Mod 2 trousers are such an improvement than the old Mod 1. Roomier while still looking flattering. Here are the Mod1 trousers on top of the Mod2 for comparison.

PXL_20201125_014154348.jpg

Bravo to the Cavour team! Killer suits with the Mod 2 fit

Last edited:

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that flannel or year-round wool?
It's very light flannel. Prince of Wales charcoal flannel from VBC, only 280g though.

I typically prefer something more robust, but frankly the light cloth is a great match for the light construction of the Mod 2. It feels borderline unstructured.

This model:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads